January 13th "Mid-State Cruisers Meeting" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's a new year, so let's bring back an old tradition. Cruisers meeting in Cola!:bounce:

I would like to invite anyone that is interested in some good food, good company, and awesome Cruisers to join me THURSDAY JANUARY 13th at 7:00pm at HUDSON'S SMOKEHOUSE and BBQ in HARBISON.

I know there are a lot of Cruisers in town and especially a few open top, sweet 40's that I have seen personally. You guy's used to get together on the second Thur. of every month, so let's see if we can start again. I picked this location because it has great parking, phenomenal food, and it is close to LOTS of other stuff the wives can do while we talk shop. This night is also the first night of their promotion to offer AYCE ribs in there $9.95 buffet price.

So bring the family, and bring your Cruiser, Taco, 4runner, mini-van or whatever and let's get some Cruiserheads together again. If anything we can get a jump on some planning for Spring and Summer rides, camping, etc.

Hope to see you there.:cheers: I'll be eating around 6:00 so I can talk with others as they come in, anyone is welcome to come early and eat so we can hang out outside at 7:00.

Jeremy
Upstate Cruisers VP

Sounds good to me too.

By the way anyone coming that has a set of front shocks or running boards for an 80 they want to part with?

It should be cold but I don't think raining. If it makes you feel any better I will take my soft top off for the ride too.:) I do have a bikini top you can borrow if it would help any.:meh:

Hope to see you there. Just drive the Camry if it is not good enough weather, we would love to have your input.

Jeremy

wish i could make it but thursdays are no good for me

I understand, can you pm me your contact info and I will get you on the roster anyway. I definately want to check out that sweet 60 sometime.

Jeremy

I'll be there. I just put the 40 in the garage to start body work and paint. I may drive the 100 if its too cold. (no top on the 40 yet)
John

I talked with Nathan last year about midlands cruisers and asked him what he thought about UC. Using the name. He said he didn't any issues with it. Would be kind of cool to have UC MC and LC all under one roof.

Anyone from the Upstate that wants to make the drive? It's only about an hour from Simpsonville.

Looking forward to it John. I think Keith will be driving his 100 as well. It is supposed to be pretty cold. I may just drive the Taco myself.

Marshall, we'll see how it goes. I really just want to meet some new people and see what the group wants to do. If there is enough interest and officers to get a sub-chapter going we'll see.

Jeremy

ok so now i think i can make it so ill be there if nothing else changes but probably closer to 7ish

It's icy, and still cold but I still plan on being there. I haven't been able to get the 40 front end fixed because of the snow/ice so i'll be in the Taco with a gray Softopper camper on the back. I'll be inside eating around 6:00 and will be out keeping an out for people closer to 7:00. Be safe, and see you guys there.

JEremy

is there an area of the restaurant you are gonig to reserve? Please tell the hostess to where the group is sitting. I am gonig o try and get there at 6 for food.

Yeah, I'll let the hostess know we need an area that can hold us inside. I think it will be below freezing at that time.

Jeremy

Oh it isnt that cold ;) I got home tonight and had to remove the 3 inch layer of ice and snow still on top of the big 4runner. I wish i could have been driving it around in the snow but i still havnt rebuilt the tcase... even though the bearings are on my workbench. :doh:

I already reminded the wife and will have the kids with me.

See you guys' there. I'll be in around 6:00 hopefully to eat, and the meeting shouldn't last too long once everyone gets there. Maybe 7:30 at the latest.

hudson smokehouse - Google Maps

We'll see how it goes depending on what time everyone gets there, and if everyone is eating or not. If all else we can eat seperately and meet on the back patio as it is screened off with curtains and they said they have a couple heaters we can fire up. Figured a little cold wouldn't stop a bunch of tough Cruiser heads from getting together.

Jeremy

Had a great time meeting with everyone last night. It was cold, so we all couldn't drive our 40's or stand outside and talk shop like we would have liked, but we ate a good meal and had some nice Cruiser talk. FJ40-40, Mikesc, DanStew, and myself were all in attendance with their kids and some with their spouses. All total we had 12 people, which I thought was nice for a kick-off meeting to get this thing rolling again.

We talked about locating the old roster of folks that are not on mud, that and dropping notes on every Cruiser we see in town to get the old gang back together. Some of the old Cruisers have changed hands so we need to locate those and get something going. Oh, and meeting next when it was warmer.:)

Dan it looks like our kids and spouses hit it off pretty well. That's good, so now maybe they won't object to all of us getting together and working on our trucks or wheeling while they hang out.:D

Looking forward to the next one.:cheers:

Jeremy

Well I have a well stocked shop and a playground so us and teh kidsare taken care of. The wife has Xbox and Wii, so maybe the girls can play some guitar hero or Mario.

Good time last night!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom