Lowland Camping/Sandhills State Forest 1/26-1-28 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LCNuts

SILVER Star
Threads
This is a trip that has been developing in my mind for a few years that I finally gotten around to making it happen. The purposed idea is a two night camping weekend in the Sand Hills State Forest and on private land. There are not many rock obstacles or steep hill climbs in our region so don't expect a lot wheeling. If you really want to justify your 4wd the I will be glad to set you up with a mud hole. This will mainly be a family friendly camping weekend. Everything can be accomplished with a stock vehicle and there will be opportunities for gas and grocery stores along the way. I will provide a group meal Saturday night otherwise you are responsible for own food

Day/Night 1 - Camp at the Sand Hills State Forest. I have reserved a campsite at Hunter's Pond which should accommodate 6-8 vehicles. There is not a restroom or shelter at this sight so plan accordingly. I can reserve another campsite if enough interest arises. The site is on a pond so bring a fishing pole if that's what you are into.

Day 2 - We will take a riding tour of the Sand Hills State Forest and the Sand Hills Wildlife Refuge with a few stops along the way. We will stop for lunch somewhere, possibly Wild Heart Brewery if time permits. We will then make our way to our farm in the Bishopville, SC area. Exact location to be disclosed off the web for those attending. More fishing opportunities at this location. Saturday night we will provide a group meal and a bond fire.

Also note that alcohol is not allowed in the state forest but we are adults here so make your own decision.

Plans subject to change if better ideas develop.

Useful Links:

Attending
@LCNuts
@trshmtnyoda
@roadstr6
@TierraCrucero
@S.CarolinaFZJ80
@Msbrown
@aquatech3
@ceby
@forestfish
@pkniland
@NC LX

Hard Maybes
@ClemsonCruiser
@UZJ105
@thecapedcapper

Nope
@Bryanseye
@BMThiker
@Tuite

Last edited:
This is a trip that has been developing in my mind for a few years that I finally gotten around to making it happen. The purposed idea is a two night camping weekend in the Sand Hills State Forest and on private land. There are not many rock obstacles or steep hill climbs in our region so don't expect a lot wheeling. If you really want to justify your 4wd the I will be glad to set you up with a mud hole. This will mainly be a family friendly camping weekend. Everything can be accomplished with a stock vehicle and there will be opportunities for gas and grocery stores along the way. I will provide a group meal Saturday night otherwise you are responsible for own food

Day/Night 1 - Camp at the Sand Hills State Forest. I have reserved a campsite at Hunter's Pond which should accommodate 6-8 vehicles. There is not a restroom or shelter at this sight so plan accordingly. I can reserve another campsite if enough interest arises. The site is on a pond so bring a fishing pole if that's what you are into.

Day 2 - We will take a riding tour of the Sand Hills State Forest and the Sand Hills Wildlife Refuge with a few stops along the way. We will stop for lunch somewhere, possibly Wild Heart Brewery if time permits. We will then make our way to our farm in the Bishopville, SC area. Exact location to be disclosed off the web for those attending. More fishing opportunities at this location. Saturday night we will provide a group meal and a bond fire.

Also note that alcohol is not allowed in the state forest but we are adults here so make your own decision.

Plans subject to change if better ideas develop.

Useful Links:

Attending
@LCNuts
@trshmtnyoda
In with my sidekick, Nathan. Looking forward to it!

Put me down for a hard maybe. My truck needs a little love. I think I should be able to get it dialed-in in time. Going to try and make it. Thanks for putting this together

I'm glad to see all the interest in this trip. I decided to move campsites and reserve a second. We will be staying on Mountain Pond, sites SL2 and SL3. SL2 has a shelter and both are in walking distance to a latrine. Map below for your reference. Our campsites circled in red

Untitled.png

:doh:

Tip: you should carry a set of trailer safety chains ($25 at HD) to tie the rear axle up to the frame before you start jacking. It basically lifts the wheel faster so you don't have to pump that hi-lift so much.

That is a good tip. The hi-lift slipped off my slider on the first attempt but luckily no one died.
Also...isn't that a "slip proof" lifting point on your bumper ;)
1705439214328.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom