jammed PS door, FJ40, '81 doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
heyo-

i installed late model doors on an early body with the appropriate B pillars. doors (both) worked just fine for about a month. now, my passenger door latch wont open. cant figure out how to get it to release. anyone else have this issue? i can see the latch and lock levers acting correctly, its just the catch/latch wont open.

any ideas?

TIA

heyo-

i installed late model doors on an early body with the appropriate B pillars. doors (both) worked just fine for about a month. now, my passenger door latch wont open. cant figure out how to get it to release. anyone else have this issue? i can see the latch and lock levers acting correctly, its just the catch/latch wont open.

any ideas? take the front pins out , have an extra set of hands , hold the door from the outside, have other hands remove the pivot pin from the holder in front jamb.

TIA

take the pins out , hold the door from the outside , have other hands remove stop pin from the inside..

Have you removed the door panel for a better look?

I took the panel off and had a look inside. Looked at both sides to compare. I found a lever that wasn’t moving and pushed it and the door popped open. Not sure what would have changed since it worked great when I installed it, but it’s going to get rebuilt anyway, so I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom