FJ40 ambulance doors from China (Jiansu Juncheng) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see your point :D
I'll tell you what is surprising. They're not supposed to be retailing on Alibaba, which is a B to B site. Buyers are supposed to have valid U.S. business license with tax ID, which the U.S. government actually regulates with Alibaba in order to enforce the tariff.
Interesting - didn’t know that site was for businesses only. First time using and was able to sign up and order without any tax info. Only reason for using to begin with was to be sure I was getting doors from that particular supplier since I couldn’t get answers from US distributers which company they were selling. Since then I figured out that Topnault sells their products. Ordered Topnault side panels which came in with absolutely bombproof packing. Will be using them from now on

THIS.
They would literally own the market and once established can you imagine if they started making 60 and 80 series parts in a few years?
They would own that too but instead I have not seen anything to indicate they are doing anything to make that happen as far as quality.
I’m going to disagree with you here.
When they first popped up, I ordered a set of floor pans, they were terrible and the packaging was akin to a kindergartener’s art project (also terrible).

I reached out to Tim @tpclassic with my concerns and we had a very productive phone call. Even though it took a few months, they retooled and increased the gauge thickness and sent me an awesome updated set for free (after previously refunding my money) that were packaged to @ToyotaMatt level of packaging (masters level).

I know that was just floor pans, but from what I’ve seen, they truly do want to improve their product. The customer service I experienced was top notch as well.

I’m hopeful

Last edited:
No. The hard tops sides are the the issue. The tub on models that use ambulance doors match the notch in the hard top from the mid 1960s on. Barn door and tailgate models do not have the notch and just a single 90° bend at the back. Barn doors and tailgates rest against the back of the tub. Ambulance doors fit flush inside the notch just like on the hard top sides. If you look at the bottom of the hatch will see a step out to cover the top of the barns doors. Ambulance doors do not have do not step to fit against the back. They are made to be flush on the tub just like on the hard top sides.

Not sure how clear this photo is. The barn doors are a little wider than the ambulance door which is a straight line on the hard top and tub.
View attachment 3548683
i understand...and now i can see the difference in the picture....that been said... the upper sides panels i need are not for ambulance doors...instead i need the the tailgates ones right?? ...actually my Fj40 is just like the one in the picture with the spare tire carrier on the right side..i'll upload a picture.

Fj40 back.JPG

i understand...and now i can see the difference in the picture....that been said... the upper sides panels i need are not for ambulance doors...instead i need the the tailgates ones right?? ...actually my Fj40 is just like the one in the picture with the spare tire carrier on the right side..i'll upload a picture.

The hard top sides are easier to deal with than the tub. Both the hatch and ambulance doors fit flush. The header above the doors or hatch needs to match. Header bolts to the cap and the sides. Depending the year a bolt may not line up with the cap. In my post above with blue sides and light blue hatch is ambulance doors sides. This was just to weather tight my 73 factory soft top. I didn't attach struts or the strikers to the sides but not that hard to do.

The hard top sides are easier to deal with than the tub. Both the hatch and ambulance doors fit flush. The header above the doors or hatch needs to match. Header bolts to the cap and the sides. Depending the year a bolt may not line up with the cap. In my post above with blue sides and light blue hatch is ambulance doors sides. This was just to weather tight my 73 factory soft top. I didn't attach struts or the strikers to the sides but not that hard to do.
Perfect, thanks for the information!...very helpful.

interested to see how these fit and if there are any alignment issues, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom