FJ40 ambulance doors from China (Jiansu Juncheng) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I’m in the process of adding a hard top for a 76 FJ40. Everything I’m finding locally is too far gone for the level of repair I’m willing to put in so I’ve decided to try out a hard top build using parts manufactured in China from Jiangsu Juncheng (I’ve read some positive reports about their front doors). My plan is to try their side panels and ambulance doors and weld an aftermarket rain gutter kit to a fiberglass top sourced locally. The ambulance doors came in today. They were ordered direct from the manufacturer through Alibaba. The price was 900 for the two doors plus 200 shipping. My only hesitation was them getting banged up during shipping. When they arrived the packaging job was terrible. They were essentially put in a box with zero padding. By some miracle I dodged a bullet and the doors were essentially unscathed except for one small ding that can easily be repaired. My first impression is that the build quality is excellent and appears to be the same gauge steel as front doors. I believe these are the same manufacturer as sold by Topnault. I have Topnault panels on order now and will post more on fit later.

IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1105.jpeg

IMG_1104.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

IMG_1102.jpeg

They look really nice, i'm in a similar process.. i would like to turn my FJ40 1972 Softtop into a HardTop, i have a few parts, but the main parts i need are the ambulance doors and the upper side panels ( Both sides)...i'm really thinking ordering from china as well, thanks for the pictures of the doors.

They look really nice, i'm in a similar process.. i would like to turn my FJ40 1972 Softtop into a HardTop, i have a few parts, but the main parts i need are the ambulance doors and the upper side panels ( Both sides)...i'm really thinking ordering from china as well, thanks for the pictures of the doors.

Would be easier to add a hard top if you used a hard top with a hatch. Here is 10/75 with ambulance doorso
003 (2).JPG

A tailgate fits flush in the notches down the sides and across the bottom. To make ambulance doors work on a 72 will require work to get the doors to fit flush since the opening is narrower than the back on a ambulance door model.

Can't really see it but this is a 78 hard top with 68 hatch on a 73 factory soft top.
IMG_2375.jpg

Hatch fits as long as the header for the hatch is used. Would require attaching the struts and striker along the back sides of a ambulance door top. Notch on a hatch and ambulance doors is the same. The tub on the other hand is different and requires more work on the tub. Mid 1960s to 1/75 US models were universal and were made to use both hard top and soft top.

This is my 68 factory hard top with with the doors and bows from a 69 factory soft top.
001011.jpg

Other than threaded holes for the eyebolts on the dash everything else is there on my 68 factory hard top. The 73 factory soft top have everything to add hard top.

Last edited:
Would be easier to add a hard top if you used a hard top with a hatch. Here is 10/75 with ambulance doorso
View attachment 3545668
A tailgate fits flush in the notches down the sides and across the bottom. To make ambulance doors work on a 72 will require work to get the doors to fit flush since the opening is narrower than the back on a ambulance door model.

Can't really see it but this is a 78 hard top with 68 hatch on a 73 factory soft top.
View attachment 3545668
Hatch fits as long as the header for the hatch is used. Would require attaching the struts and striker along the back sides of a ambulance door top. Notch on a hatch and ambulance doors is the same. The tub on the other hand is different and requires more work on the tub. Mid 1960s to 1/75 US models were universal and were made to use both hard top and soft top.

This is my 68 factory hard top with with the doors and bows from a 69 factory soft top.
View attachment 3545669
Other than threaded holes for the eyebolts on the dash everything else is there on my 68 factory hard top. The 73 factory soft top have everything to add hard top.

View attachment 3545667
Thanks for the information, actually i have the barn doors...now that i understood your point i'm reconsidering work with what i got....i bought the fiber glass roof recently...l'll try to post the progress, thanks.

Thanks for the information, actually i have the barn doors...now that i understood your point i'm reconsidering work with what i got....i bought the fiber glass roof recently...l'll try to post the progress, thanks.

Barn doors and tailgate interchange pretty easy since both rest outside the tub. Ambulance doors fit flush and are wider than the opening when either of the other style were there originally.

This surprises you, Roger?

😂😂
I see your point :D
I'll tell you what is surprising. They're not supposed to be retailing on Alibaba, which is a B to B site. Buyers are supposed to have valid U.S. business license with tax ID, which the U.S. government actually regulates with Alibaba in order to enforce the tariff.

Barn doors and tailgate interchange pretty easy since both rest outside the tub. Ambulance doors fit flush and are wider than the opening when either of the other style were there originally.
Thanks for the support...it helps making expensive mistakes jejeje

View attachment 3545668

View attachment 3545668

View attachment 3545669

View attachment 3545667
By the way beautiful rig you have !

Hi all,
I’m in the process of adding a hard top for a 76 FJ40. Everything I’m finding locally is too far gone for the level of repair I’m willing to put in so I’ve decided to try out a hard top build using parts manufactured in China from Jiangsu Juncheng (I’ve read some positive reports about their front doors). My plan is to try their side panels and ambulance doors and weld an aftermarket rain gutter kit to a fiberglass top sourced locally. The ambulance doors came in today. They were ordered direct from the manufacturer through Alibaba. The price was 900 for the two doors plus 200 shipping. My only hesitation was them getting banged up during shipping. When they arrived the packaging job was terrible. They were essentially put in a box with zero padding. By some miracle I dodged a bullet and the doors were essentially unscathed except for one small ding that can easily be repaired. My first impression is that the build quality is excellent and appears to be the same gauge steel as front doors. I believe these are the same manufacturer as sold by Topnault. I have Topnault panels on order now and will post more on fit later.

View attachment 3530927

View attachment 3530928

View attachment 3530929

View attachment 3530930

View attachment 3530931

Thanks for the support...it helps making expensive mistakes jejeje
Hi, what about buying the ambulance doors along with upper side panels, that should solve the fitting problem in the back right?

Hi, what about buying the ambulance doors along with upper side panels, that should solve the fitting problem in the back right?
Since those parts comes from the same manufacturer as new...

I see your point :D
I'll tell you what is surprising. They're not supposed to be retailing on Alibaba, which is a B to B site. Buyers are supposed to have valid U.S. business license with tax ID, which the U.S. government actually regulates with Alibaba in order to enforce the tariff.
China not following rules?....stop.... no way.
My nephew is an engineer for a company that makes compressor units for commercial and residential HVAC units. They were approached by a chinese group in 2004 about producing their compressor sets at a greatly reduced cost for them ( they said 65-70% less) and shipping was included to either coast of the United States.
The management was all over this and wanted it fast tracked to see if they would really deliver. He said with no reservations this was simply a way to get production drawings so they could steal the design and nothing more than that. The management said to disregard and move forward releasing the drawings to them with a confidentiality agreement and a non-compete to the chinese that they could not reproduce or copy any of the information and could only use the drawings for working up designs for tooling and production lines not actual manufacturing.
The engineering group changed several specs in the plans and drawings that would never interfere with the actual plans the Chinese were supposed to use the plans for but would render a machine produced by the specifications to be non functional in short order.
The agreement was reached and the plans were sent over.
Lo and behold within 60 days the Chinese rescinded the offer for production. About 4 months after that their company branded HVAC sets started popping up all over Indonesia east Asia and Africa and would run for about 8 hours then burst into flames due to overpressure from the wrong amount of coolant wrong sized valves and a faulty motherboard that would overload the compressor. The sets were never sold in Europe or South America and all of a sudden the Indonesian distributor literally disappeared overnight and the same units were then sold as knock offs under some chinese name with the same results.

No. The hard tops sides are the the issue. The tub on models that use ambulance doors match the notch in the hard top from the mid 1960s on. Barn door and tailgate models do not have the notch and just a single 90° bend at the back. Barn doors and tailgates rest against the back of the tub. Ambulance doors fit flush inside the notch just like on the hard top sides. If you look at the bottom of the hatch will see a step out to cover the top of the barns doors. Ambulance doors do not have do not step to fit against the back. They are made to be flush on the tub just like on the hard top sides.

Not sure how clear this photo is. The barn doors are a little wider than the ambulance door which is a straight line on the hard top and tub.
IMG_0367.jpg

China not following rules?....stop.... no way.
My nephew is an engineer for a company that makes compressor units for commercial and residential HVAC units. They were approached by a chinese group in 2004 about producing their compressor sets at a greatly reduced cost for them ( they said 65-70% less) and shipping was included to either coast of the United States.
The management was all over this and wanted it fast tracked to see if they would really deliver. He said with no reservations this was simply a way to get production drawings so they could steal the design and nothing more than that. The management said to disregard and move forward releasing the drawings to them with a confidentiality agreement and a non-compete to the chinese that they could not reproduce or copy any of the information and could only use the drawings for working up designs for tooling and production lines not actual manufacturing.
The engineering group changed several specs in the plans and drawings that would never interfere with the actual plans the Chinese were supposed to use the plans for but would render a machine produced by the specifications to be non functional in short order.
The agreement was reached and the plans were sent over.
Lo and behold within 60 days the Chinese rescinded the offer for production. About 4 months after that their company branded HVAC sets started popping up all over Indonesia east Asia and Africa and would run for about 8 hours then burst into flames due to overpressure from the wrong amount of coolant wrong sized valves and a faulty motherboard that would overload the compressor. The sets were never sold in Europe or South America and all of a sudden the Indonesian distributor literally disappeared overnight and the same units were then sold as knock offs under some chinese name with the same results.
In this case, they don’t even need to do any of this. All they need to do is make a good product and run an honest business, and customers would be lining up.

. All they need to do is make a good product and run an honest business, and customers would be lining up.
THIS.
They would literally own the market and once established can you imagine if they started making 60 and 80 series parts in a few years?
They would own that too but instead I have not seen anything to indicate they are doing anything to make that happen as far as quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom