Ivan Stewart Vinyl Wrap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to do a vinyl on my 80 in the Ivan Stewart baja look. Looking to see if anyone has done it and if so would they be willing to share a vector file of it.
Ivan-Stewart-Toyota-Braving-Baja-Peterson-8-20-13.jpg

Yes, I think Adam @Box Rocket did at one point in the past? Might be making it up.

I was going to do similar when my 80 was white, but in grey scale.

That does look cool! I wonder if I could pull it off on my beige 80...:hmm:

How much do you think a wrap would cost? Even a basic one.

Normally a shop barges about 3-4K for a basic full wrap and 5-6k for the fancy wrap. It also depends on who is doing it. It’s just about the same price as a repaint.

I don't think you'd need a full wrap if you are just doing stripes and some lettering. You would just need some big vinyl decals. I had my business car "partially" (3/4) wrapped and it cost $2400 for the wrap and installation. It was professionally done and fairly involved installation. I bet you could find a sign shop to do the Ivan stripes similar to what Jeremy did for close to $500.View attachment 1724613

Last edited:
Yeah when I had my white 80 I came very close to doing this. I photoshopped it first (as was mentioned) and that photo is floating around the web, but here is the original photoshop.
racingcolors.jpg

Someone clearly found this image online and replicated it a couple years ago. nearly exact copy of what I photoshopped with same layout, placement and proportions.
0f2099a71d96b79eb0c131a8edf4d236.jpg

As was mentioned, Jeremy Rohrs used the same image to do the graphics on his 80 but decided to leave the gray rockers white and it turned out fantastic I think!

As part of the Canguro Racing team, part of what I do with the team is graphic design and photos and we used the same basic "Ivan" design for the wrap I designed for last years Baja1000. There are a few differences since it's on a 200 series, but it turned out awesome and even got an autograph from Ivan the day before the race.
Ivansig.jpg

Monica.jpg

There's an LC in our area that has this color combo that's similar. I've only seen it twice and someone else captured a pic of the elusive rainbow LC.
Rainbow LC.jpeg

I want to find a way to do this to my white FJ Cruiser, but I did some investigative work and I found out some cool stuff. Here are the approximate dimensions of the stripes on the side of Ivan's classic Baja Trophy Truck:

Yellow Stripe = ~7" wide
Orange Stripe = ~11.25" wide
Red Stripe = whatever width from the rear of the vehicle you want
Space between stripes = ~0.6-1"
The angle of the stripes = ~127 degrees
Starting distance of yellow stripe from the rear of the driver's/passenger's door windows = ~13"

Found these approximations by comparing the wheel diameter (17") to different unknown measurements and doing some math to figure out what it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom