ISO OEM Front Windshield & Rear Hatch Glass

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for PTSD
Visit site
Have pretty much everything I need for the paint job & refurbish except front windshield and rear hatch glass. Anyone know if these unicorns are available stateside? If not, Europe, possibly for a HJ61 or something similar that will fit the FJ60?

Thanks-

Onur

11101-17020
GOLD Star
Visit site
Rear hatch glass is discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

In any form, in any market.

The windshield is also discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for PTSD
Visit site
Rear hatch glass is discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

The windshield is also discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

Found a OEM rear hatch glass, non-heated.

Would you mind giving me the mfg of your front - remember, I'm in Louisiana and local glass company's limited in both computer skills and motivation to do anything that requires work=)

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Visit site
Pilkington makes toyota windshields. The local glass shops don't have to do anything but install.. It's not rocket science.

Spike Strip

Gotta Move
SILVER Star
Website
thelibertydaily.com
You will have trouble finding anything but Chinese glass for the front WS, aftermarket. At least that was my experience a few years ago on the West Coast. I did a lot of searching and my glass guy (who did TLC4x4 glass) could not find anything.

However, I've seen these listed for a while on fleabay ... I know nothing about the Co other than it's in Tustin, CA, and they won't will-call (I tried).

FWIW, I've been happy with the glass installed in mine, with an anti-glare strip

1599685834460.png

Spook50

My daughter likes Stitch
Supporting Vendor
Visit site
From the looks of it, the best solution to the rear hatch would be to find an OEM that's still in good condition, completely strip off the defroster and put a new complete defroster grid on the glass.

Unless it's changed since I had my current windshield installed (which was several years ago), PPG still makes very good windshield glass for the 60 series.

Spike Strip

Gotta Move
SILVER Star
Website
thelibertydaily.com
PPG is no longer PPG. I think it's PWG (Pittsburgh Glass Works) and is Taiwanese owned, last I looked.

If there is American-made glass for the 60-series, I'd love to get some part #s.

Spook50

My daughter likes Stitch
Supporting Vendor
Visit site
PPG is no longer PPG. I think it's PWG (Pittsburgh Glass Works) and is Taiwanese owned, last I looked.

If there is American-made glass for the 60-series, I'd love to get some part #s.
Damn. If PPG is no more, I don't think there are any American glass sources for the 60 series, unless there's still some back stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom