ISO OEM Front Windshield & Rear Hatch Glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
Have pretty much everything I need for the paint job & refurbish except front windshield and rear hatch glass. Anyone know if these unicorns are available stateside? If not, Europe, possibly for a HJ61 or something similar that will fit the FJ60?

Thanks-

Looks like OEM windshield is no longer available straight from Toyota, so your best best is Ebay, etc. (like kbfj621989's link). Rear hatch glass appears to be available from Toyota (Parts - ToyotaPartsDeal.com).

I'm running an aftermarket windshield. It's fine.

Rear hatch glass is discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

In any form, in any market.

The windshield is also discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

Aftermarket windshields work just fine. Find a used rear hatch and call it good.

Rear hatch glass is discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

The windshield is also discontinued. It is not available new anymore from Toyota.

Found a OEM rear hatch glass, non-heated.

Would you mind giving me the mfg of your front - remember, I'm in Louisiana and local glass company's limited in both computer skills and motivation to do anything that requires work=)

Pilkington makes toyota windshields. The local glass shops don't have to do anything but install.. It's not rocket science.

You will have trouble finding anything but Chinese glass for the front WS, aftermarket. At least that was my experience a few years ago on the West Coast. I did a lot of searching and my glass guy (who did TLC4x4 glass) could not find anything.

However, I've seen these listed for a while on fleabay ... I know nothing about the Co other than it's in Tustin, CA, and they won't will-call (I tried).

FWIW, I've been happy with the glass installed in mine, with an anti-glare strip

1599685834460.png

If you're interested in taking a drive to the Houston area, a friend of mine has an OEM windshield from an 82.

From the looks of it, the best solution to the rear hatch would be to find an OEM that's still in good condition, completely strip off the defroster and put a new complete defroster grid on the glass.

Unless it's changed since I had my current windshield installed (which was several years ago), PPG still makes very good windshield glass for the 60 series.

PPG is no longer PPG. I think it's PWG (Pittsburgh Glass Works) and is Taiwanese owned, last I looked.

If there is American-made glass for the 60-series, I'd love to get some part #s.

PPG is no longer PPG. I think it's PWG (Pittsburgh Glass Works) and is Taiwanese owned, last I looked.

If there is American-made glass for the 60-series, I'd love to get some part #s.
Damn. If PPG is no more, I don't think there are any American glass sources for the 60 series, unless there's still some back stock.

I'm sure there's some old stock PPG out there- occasionally I see it pop up on fleabay, but I'm very leery of having old glass, particularly of that size/shaped shipped.

I'm sure there's some old stock PPG out there- occasionally I see it pop up on fleabay, but I'm very leery of having old glass, particularly of that size/shaped shipped.
My feeling's the same in that regard.

My feeling's the same in that regard.

Glad to hear bc found OEM front/rear on eBay, both priced near the national deficit!

Any leads on aftermarket back glass?

The FYG glass isn't horrible btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom