Is this electric fan OEM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
This the first I’ve seen on an 1996 80, or any 80 for that matter. My photo blurred the part number unfortunately.
I’m curious because it fit fits and bolts in and has a plug that is so OEM looking. My 80 doesn’t have this fan or a pig tail to plug one in?

thanks

devo

E86352A0-D02F-43AF-978B-1F3BEA1C13C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Read through this thread and try all the links buried in it. There is a OEM version that is almost a direct bolt in and you can buy the additional fan through Partsouq I think and plug it in.

It might be available in certain markets, but it's not a stock NA 80 fan.

Some good info here:

Agreed, that definitely looks like a stock non-US market fan. You should have a matching "CDS" relay and fuse in the underhood fuse box.

You see those fans down here in Aus. It is a genuine Toyota fan, but it was only fitted from factory on the top-end Sahara models here that had dual AC. That said, the wiring is all in place for other models in Australia, so you can just buy the fan or get it from a wreck, and it bolts straight in and plugs into the factory harness. You then just add the fuse and relay into the fusebox, and it works a treat. I know this because I've done it on my own rig. There's a pressure switch controlling the fan, which makes it kick in automatically when the AC can use a little boost. Does wonders when you're stuck in traffic on hot days in the Australian summer. For NA models though, as other people have said here the wiring wasn't included, because it was never offered as an option there.

So this did not help well slow speed (walking speed or slower) crawling hi temperatures with the AC on.
I have the modded blue hub and I still start to get hot 210+ in these conditions.

I saw your post in the fan thread, but you give no details
Not worth it if you have a modded blue hub IMHO. Is just a option.
I would like to know how you formed this option.

Thanks

Well I can't speak for the experiences of the other poster, but I know after replacing the viscous hub on the cooling fan for by 1HZ diesel with a new genuine one, which was pretty shot, it didn't help the AC much. Replacing the hub did stop the AC turning off automatically when the engine temperature spiked, so on long hill climbs when the fan wasn't spinning as fast as it was supposed to, but it did nothing for the AC when stopped at traffic lights or crawling along in a traffic jam. My 80 is a DD, so I experienced that a lot, and I can tell you sitting stationary at 46 celsius (115 fahrenheit in your money) in full sun during the Australian summer, the AC was blowing out warm air in less than a minute. We're just finishing up another summer here, and after adding this booster fan since last year, there's been a big improvement, so much so that I've had to turn the AC off or down because it was too cold in similar situations.

For anyone interested in picking this up, here are the part numbers:
88590-60010 - Fan
90119-06126 - Bolts
90987-02004 - Relay
All still available at partsouq, but will probably be gone quite soon. I've seen a lot of things go NLA over the last year or so, and I'd bet these will be the same quite soon. I'm personally scrambling to squeeze in parts into my budget while they're still available.

So this did not help well slow speed (walking speed or slower) crawling hi temperatures with the AC on.
I have the modded blue hub and I still start to get hot 210+ in these conditions.

I saw your post in the fan thread, but you give no details
Not worth it if you have a modded blue hub IMHO. Is just a option.
I would like to know how you formed this option.

Thanks

For me, I never had an issue with running hot, even when creeping along in bumper to bumper traffic or running hard on the trails in the mid Summer heat of Florida.

However, my A/C didn't feel very efficient when idling at a stand still with ambient temps above 90*+

It still blew cool, just not cold (this was with an unmodified replacement Blue clutch)

Because of this, I added the JDM fan and I'll admit, it did help a little, but using the hand throttle to bump up the revs to around 1200 did a much better job at cooling things down and getting her to blow ice cold.

The biggest difference came when I stepped up to thicker fluid in the Blue clutch

Now she'll idle all day long on the hottest day of the year and not break 197* while the A/C blows ice cold

The modded fan clutch moves way more air and will even suck spin the JDM fan on start up

Only time I ever use the JDM fan nowadays is just to check if it still works

There are drawbacks, however....

There's a somewhat noticeable power loss from running a stickier clutch, mpg's go from bad to worse and she sounds like a bloody airplane when accelerating

Still, the modified clutch did a much better job at fixing my issue than the JDM fan

For me, I never had an issue with running hot, even when creeping along in bumper to bumper traffic or running hard on the trails in the mid Summer heat of Florida.

However, my A/C didn't feel very efficient when idling at a stand still with ambient temps above 90*+

It still blew cool, just not cold (this was with an unmodified replacement Blue clutch)

Because of this, I added the JDM fan and I'll admit, it did help a little, but using the hand throttle to bump up the revs to around 1200 did a much better job at cooling things down and getting her to blow ice cold.

The biggest difference came when I stepped up to thicker fluid in the Blue clutch

Now she'll idle all day long on the hottest day of the year and not break 197* while the A/C blows ice cold

The modded fan clutch moves way more air and will even suck spin the JDM fan on start up

Only time I ever use the JDM fan nowadays is just to check if it still works

There are drawbacks, however....

There's a somewhat noticeable power loss from running a stickier clutch, mpg's go from bad to worse and she sounds like a bloody airplane when accelerating

Still, the modified clutch did a much better job at fixing my issue than the JDM fan

Thank you for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom