Add on aux fan for fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you guys have as far as aux fan for fzj80? Its been hot lately and need an add on for my cooling system. Thanks in advance

Some part of your cooling system is not up to snuff. Shouldn't need an aux fan no matter how hot the weather is.
If you have an issue with your cooling system, an aux fan may cover it up, but won't fix it.

what have you done to check the condition of your cooling system?

I have upgraded some armors and rtt plus sc Upgraded fan clutch replaced rad, thermostat. Its not overheating buti just would like extra add on since its hot plus my load.

If you have an upgraded fan clutch that is working correctly, the engine fan will draw more air than an auxiliary fan.

I'd suggest monitoring coolant temps and see what temps you have before spending money on auxiliary fan

Lol is just installed one today. You can check my build log. I think i messed my blue fan clutch when i tried to rebuild it or the aluminum ebay radio is garbage, coz my temps didn’t improve.

Some part of your cooling system is not up to snuff. Shouldn't need an aux fan no matter how hot the weather is.
If you have an issue with your cooling system, an aux fan may cover it up, but won't fix it.

what have you done to check the condition of your cooling system?

Not correct Toyota as OEM electrical fan installed on 1FZ-FE in hot places of the world and JDM, this fan goes on when you start your AC and it helps US market did not get it

In the pic left is OEM

Photo 02-05-2018, 15 32 34 (1).jpg

I just added an oem aux fan to help with AC at idle and low speed driving. Works well. Wired it up to the AC pressure sensor per ABC's of cooling so it comes on when the AC sees higher temps/pressures.

I just added an oem aux fan to help with AC at idle and low speed driving. Works well. Wired it up to the AC pressure sensor per ABC's of cooling so it comes on when the AC sees higher temps/pressures.

Did the same thing a few years back and it definitely helps with low speed A/C performance. No measurable effect on overall engine cooling that I can tell. I keep the other components of my cooling system in good working order for that.

Thanks for the replies. Any suggestion on what kind of fan or link where to order?

I think landcruiserphil sell a complete kit.

While I'm sure it was a nice plug in play kit, I really wanted mine to be as OEM on the fit and finish as possible. Which is why I went the oem route despite the price tag and diy nature of it. That being said, I still need to clean my wiring and run it all to the stock fuse box.

I have this kit.
Mind you, my 80 has a completely new cooling system, in great working order. I don't really see it go above 185F here in the Bay Area. That's without the cooling fan on.

At least for me, it just helps keep the AC cool when I'm not moving fast, like on a trail or something. Otherwise, it does not lower temps.
This is just my experience.

For you nerds, here's a data point. On my way home this afternoon in 100F weather sitting at a stop light. Don't mind the temp on the top left of the head unit. Not updated from this morning.

IMG_20200803_144143.jpg

IMG_20200803_144139.jpg

I have 2 large spal fans installed..can run AC while i am on 4Lo type crawling and AC still stone cold...
Gw2pyU7.jpg
What models are those?

Pretty sure LCP is out of business for now.

Nope... just relocating

per his website=
ANNOUNCEMENT EFFECTIVE 8-3-2020
We unexpectedly need to relocate and hope to be back up in a month.

We have tons of inventory ready to go just need to get relocated.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom