what is this?.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Silver tong looking thing above the stabilizer? this one is a little crooked..saw another picture on another truck where it sits level and straight. it seems to me this pic its just crooked. but what is it, and does it matter if it's a little crooked?

received_3523061181278371.jpeg

thanks, do you know if it matters how it sits? Another truck has it level..this one (which i'm buying) is angled as pictured
It should sit more level.((( EDIT: should say for OE positioning. I doubt it’s crookedness would have any effect on performance))) Parallel with cross member and ground. It may have been nudged by something but it doesn’t look kinked or dented. Perhaps someone tried to move out of harms way?

The “dogbone” double pipe clamp on back row has a tab that bolts down on top of cross member

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
That's the harmonic tuning fork that keeps it all from falling apart at 78mph. I'd straighten it out, but that's me...

As designed it is oriented like @jfz80 's picture. It is a power steering cooler. The bend it yours should not affect it's cooling performance. There is a sheet metal pan that should be in place to help protect it. I hesitate to call it a skid pan. Many have replaced this with Derale aluminum finned heat sink units which in honesty provide superior cooling if you are really working the power steering on trail rides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom