Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve been on this site for a while

I’ve got a 97 Cruiser, it happened to be my first car.

A little history, I was cutting grass and doing side jobs as a kid to save for a early 90s pickup. My father had one and I loved the 22re and 5 speed. My uncle works at a dealership and called my mother about the cruiser on wholesale. Well I ended up getting the Cruiser, drove it through high school and signed up for the Marines. My truck was left sitting in the driveway as my parents backup vehicle.

I spent 4 years in Japan, 3 of which where in Okinawa. I really appreciated my old Toyota Cruiser being over there so I decided to make it my own. I created a build plan and did none of it ha. Being a broke and married E-4 sucks.

I hit my 4 years and got out, bought a brand new 15 Tacoma, and rented a house, and I was Very broke. So the land Cruiser sat.

Once everything normalized I started working towards my goal of the cruiser, it’s been 10 years and my love hasn’t dwindled. I’ve done all the usual maintenance, (front axle, cooling system, ect) and I’ve gotten it set up for some awesome camping adventures.

So far it’s got

J-lift w/Slee 4” lift kit parts and caster correction plates
ARB snorkel
315 KM3 tires
Rear Aussie Locker
ARB awning w/ deluxe room
Eezi awn k-9 rack
Eezi awn 2200 series 3
Slee step sliders (in the mail)
Warn Zeon 10k-s

I’ll be getting the Slee rear and Arb front bumpers soon

I’ve got a mild build on my Tacoma, I’ve been to flagpole a couple of times camping, OBX a bunch, I’m looking forward to tackling some trails in the east.

The Cruiser has a bunch of character that my Tacoma doesn’t, I like the connection you get. I really haven’t driven anything else like it. I’ve got a lot of great memories in the Cruiser already, I grew up with it, met my wife in it, and brought my kid home as well. Luckily my wife supports my hobby as long as she plans routes, can’t beat it.

I’ve been on this site for a long time, this is a huge resource, there is a lot of knowledge here, if anyone wants to hit some trails let me know. We are usually headed to the beach or gwnf.

We have a trip in June to head to CO for the alpine loop and Yellowstone, camping along the way with the wife and kid is going to be a learning experience.

Happy Trails Everyone

Welcome :flipoff2: Good looking truck.

Thank you for your service.

Welcome ... such nice paint. Come out with the Keystone Cruiser group and we can help fix that for you. We usually hit trails at Rausch Creek or Anthracite the 2nd Saturday of every month.

Bring @davidp14 with you too.

It’s a great area for work and family stuff. I keep seeing a blue 200 series with an arb front bumper that’s making me jealous haha, I just need to kill my Tacoma ( unlikely)

Went to flagpole knob over the weekend, had a blast with the family

I got my ARB bumper and Slee slider steps on, I had to trim my mud flaps but they fit great.

I installed a Sony headunit and ran new speaker wire, and I also replaced my cigarette lighter with a blue sea systems dual usb plug, I just crimped new lugs on the factory wiring harness.

And I have a Warn zeon 10s I need to install still

I got arb drawers I picked up from a 200 guy in New Jersey

Just need a rear bumper and fridge ha, and definitely gears, I feel bad kicking the over drive off to hang with traffic

3A0B7A5C-E267-4D3A-89A4-1A25DA64A2C2.jpeg

E1A2190A-A851-483E-85C9-9D6B7D99E96D.jpeg

F8797CBB-0317-4B26-855C-31E33CEF7A77.jpeg

0A577A88-B887-480A-ADC3-F7126277239D.jpeg

F16384F1-0B15-4D9B-AD38-86E230D41A40.jpeg

Last edited:
Great rig! You have the exact RTT/rack combination I’m dreaming of. How does it drive with the 2200 on top? Does it feel top heavy off (or on) road?

It does great, I have a white line front sway bar and it feels great on the highway. Off road not so much it’s heavy but I just keep it in mind.

I personally want to put the tent on a trailer because of the weight.

I drove 5800 miles to Colorado and back in a big loop, hitting a bunch of miles off road and loved the setup.

Me and the family love the tent it’s comfortable and easy to use, I leave my bedding in, which makes for a nice camp life

I don’t have audible wind noise in the truck no matter the speed. The rack is great I will be sticking with it for my other trucks.

Like I said it’s great just a bit heavy up top off road.

I would go this direction again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom