Hello! My introduction (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day to you all, i just bought my self 1997 lx450 triple locker (just found out what it means)
guy sold it because mechanics scared him by saying that it needs new transmission because radiator exploded and coolant got into transmission, and wanted to buy it from him,
i was nice enough to take it off his hands for 1k$ (we work at same company so he will see it) PO had it since 2004, car got little bit neglected and needs some major TLC but i like challenges
has 300k+ miles on it
mods: flexible liftgate, battle scars from 2 deer encounters, Ripped seat and trashed interior mod, and Major mod is undercarriege rust coat
I Might build it up for offroading little by little
Here is some pics,
Already replaced radiator, waiting for new intake hose, then gotta figure out if there is vacuum leak or brake booster is dead.
Also looking for rear lift gate somethere in illinois

20231202_090049.jpg

20231202_090054.jpg

20231204_105331.jpg

20231204_105240.jpg

20231205_181015.jpg

Welcome. You got a sweet deal. The locking axles are worth more than you paid for it. Good luck with the project, should be a lot of fun bringing it back.

Good day to you all, i just bought my self 1997 lx450 triple locker (just found out what it means)
guy sold it because mechanics scared him by saying that it needs new transmission because radiator exploded and coolant got into transmission, and wanted to buy it from him,
i was nice enough to take it off his hands for 1k$ (we work at same company so he will see it) PO had it since 2004, car got little bit neglected and needs some major TLC but i like challenges
has 300k+ miles on it
mods: flexible liftgate, battle scars from 2 deer encounters, Ripped seat and trashed interior mod, and Major mod is undercarriege rust coat
Here is some pics,
Already replaced radiator, waiting for new intake hose, then gotta figure out if there is vacuum leak or brake booster is dead.

View attachment 3501692

View attachment 3501693

View attachment 3501695

View attachment 3501696

View attachment 3501697
Do not fix the oil leaks.

That's the only thing saving it right now.

You need @slow95z and @arcteryx for used parts. GA and TX accordingly and they can ship to you.

The more you buy, the cheaper the freight.

You can also ginc someone to do 'Mudship to pick up there and deliver to you because they're in the area or driving by.

You've got some work ahead of you, but you bought it right.

I am in Georgia but my brother is in South bend so I can get parts up that way if you don't mind waiting on one of us making the trip. That thing is going to need a lot of work, best of luck to you.

You need @slow95z and @arcteryx for used parts. GA and TX accordingly and they can ship to you.

You can also ginc someone to do 'Mudship to pick up there and deliver to you because they're in the area or driving by.

You've got some work ahead of you, but you bought it

You've got some work ahead of you, but you bought it right
Oil leaks might saved the front, not the rear of the car, some of it looks like surface cancer some looks more serious

20231205_181033.jpg

20231205_181048.jpg

20231205_181133.jpg

20231205_181142.jpg

20231205_181148.jpg

After owning 1980's german sports car and rebuilding most of it with full engine rebuild, not alot of things scare me anymore 😂💪
That's the spirit laddie!

Nothing parts, time and a healthy bank account can't fix. Welcome to the chaos.

Literally the most rusted 80 I've ever seen. Welcome to the forum, and best of luck to you!

has 300k+ miles on it
Here is some pics,

View attachment 3501692

View attachment 3501693

View attachment 3501695

View attachment 3501696

View attachment 3501697
Good luck with all the future endeavors like previously said you’ve just reached the tip of the iceberg but the process is fun. You’ve gotten a good deal on her now it’s time to sink the funds in it until you can finally enjoy!

Well... That's different. :wideyed:

Yep, new spark plugs did wonders,
Tried to lock all differentials, they did lock, unlocking was the fun part lmao... prob got locked first time in 20 years
next part, new brake booster, this one is shot,

Yep, new spark plugs did wonders,
Tried to lock all differentials, they did lock, unlocking was the fun part lmao... prob got locked first time in 20 years
next part, new brake booster, this one is shot,
You do have some projects! If you need one, I have a booster FS on the classifieds....got it from City Racer and will make you a heck of a deal on it if you're interested since I'm a sucker for a guy with a big project.... I thought I had a booster problem, but it turned out to be a loose wheel bearing, so never installed it. PM me if you're interested.... 🛠️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom