Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ShtLuck ... great to see another York member. I know exactly where your place is, nice spot. I will try to stop over next time I get wings from Herb at Wings2Go.

You should come up this Saturday!!!

Hello to everyone.

My name is Dave, and I have a 1990 Daihatsu Rocky. I live by the New York border, and actually work in New York, but have e-mailed the folks at TLCA to make sure I can actually join. I think I asked in the past, and was told yes, but the Rocky wasn't on the road yet. She is now!

I have lots of little mods to do for the 2019 season, but fully plan to be active. The Coal Miner Cruiser Classic is probably closest to me, so that's one of three events I'd like to run this year.

Hello to everyone.

My name is Dave, and I have a 1990 Daihatsu Rocky. I live by the New York border, and actually work in New York, but have e-mailed the folks at TLCA to make sure I can actually join. I think I asked in the past, and was told yes, but the Rocky wasn't on the road yet. She is now!

I have lots of little mods to do for the 2019 season, but fully plan to be active. The Coal Miner Cruiser Classic is probably closest to me, so that's one of three events I'd like to run this year.
You can join, we wheel mostly at the same venue as CMCC so, you may have more opportunities when you are ready.
I love the Rocky, great little Toyota based rig!
I'll keep an eye out for your application.

I have not thought about joining them, honestly. Not against it, but I should clarify my location, perhaps: I live out by Buffalo, close to Lake Erie. That's where I live near New York, while still in PA. I live within a stone's throw of the Allegany National Forest. I think the Gotham guys are New York City, yes?

I'll join up with everyone right around New Year's for sure.

OK, I just joined: I couldn't wait, so I signed up. I have a build thread most relevant to here at Expedition Portal, though I also have one at Warfs (the Daihatsu site, I'm a mod there, which is something I know you are all excited about), Marlin Crawler (where I look for Toyota-specific information, as I decide whether I'm going shed the running gear and go full Toyota) and a few other places.

Through some internet sleuthing, it appears that the rear axle of these little Daihatsu beasts isn't actually unique to Daihatsu, but may be a clone of the AE-86 Corolla rear axle. The center section looks damn near identical, and the axle lengths are close enough to be plausible, as there are a variety of lengths, albeit close together. If this is true, and I can prove it, I might actually be able to install a locker in the rear, as there are none available. I'd even take an AE-86 LSD for that matter. The Rocky is quite solid off road, but not having a locker of some sort is something I am trying to solve.

Looking forward to seeing people in July!

OK, I just joined: I couldn't wait, so I signed up. I have a build thread most relevant to here at Expedition Portal, though I also have one at Warfs (the Daihatsu site, I'm a mod there, which is something I know you are all excited about), Marlin Crawler (where I look for Toyota-specific information, as I decide whether I'm going shed the running gear and go full Toyota) and a few other places.

Through some internet sleuthing, it appears that the rear axle of these little Daihatsu beasts isn't actually unique to Daihatsu, but may be a clone of the AE-86 Corolla rear axle. The center section looks damn near identical, and the axle lengths are close enough to be plausible, as there are a variety of lengths, albeit close together. If this is true, and I can prove it, I might actually be able to install a locker in the rear, as there are none available. I'd even take an AE-86 LSD for that matter. The Rocky is quite solid off road, but not having a locker of some sort is something I am trying to solve.

Looking forward to seeing people in July!
Cool, welcome aboard. I'm traveling at the moment, but will process your application soon and we'll get a new member pack out to you asap.

Hey everyone, my name is Heshan..originally from Sri Lanka, now living here in the US of A.

My love for Land Cruisers started when I was small when my dad had a LC in the Sri Lankan Army. (Pictured here with my dad's driver NCO)

Here is currently what I drive:
1990 HDJ81 VX Limited

2007 GX 470 which is my daily

and Wife's 2017 UZJ200.

Welcome @TheMU! Great collections of rigs. Looks like the one pic was taken around the top of the mountain on RT30?

Thanks man! That is correct.. By the abandoned house! :)

Hello folks.

My name is Josh. My wife wanted to trade her minivan for a FJ Cruiser a few years ago, so we ended up with a 2010 6MT. After 12 months of "don't touch my truck with your tools", we decided that I should trade my tow rig in on a nice family car and build her FJ into a camping/expedition style rig.

I already have a XJ on 37's and have been involved with offroad clubs for about 15 years. I spent a couple of stints on the NAXJA BOD and am still involved in some chapter events.

We moved to SE PA from NC and MD this summer after I started at Boeing, so we're pretty new to the area. I'm looking forward to getting out a little bit and getting the truck dirty.

I just paid for my TLCA membership and when I get my membership number, I'll send the application in for this club as well.

Josh

@redheep , Welcome! :clap:

Great bunch of people in our club. It's pretty loose and low key, but we wheel every 2nd Saturday of the month.

Our annual club breakfast is this Saturday. Feel free to come on out and introduce yourselves.

Keystone Cruisers annual Meeting Shady Maple

Blair tagging random MUD members ... HAHAHA :lol:

Redhead .... 63yr old female member from TX

Blair tagging random MUD members ... HAHAHA :lol:

Redhead .... 63yr old female member from TX

he was close, some of the letters matched.

I met a bunch of you at the meeting yesterday but figured I’d post up here as well. Now that I have a functional truck, I will hopefully be seeing more of everybody.

I’m Rick Beringer - from the creatively named town of North East, MD in northeast MD. I actually don’t have a picture in my truck - but here’s a photo of me (just to help put faces to names) and the reason it’s so hard to make it out to Cruiser related events:

9D7CF28A-E997-46DD-82A6-949EC36C7540.jpeg

This is the Clustertruck, my 1975 FJ40. It’s far from stock, with a carbureted 350 under the hood, 4-wheel disc brakes, large pattern, fine-spline FJ60 knuckles, Saginaw power steering, and an Aussie locker in the rear. It hasn’t been Offroad since I owned it but I’m hoping that will change soon.

05030FDA-6724-4065-82EB-2EF2C574797B.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom