Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all! Been watching this club forum for a while but decided to finally do an introduction post.

I’m from Georgetown originally, just moved back here after being in San Diego for four years. I’m living and working in Pawleys now though so you may see my fzj80 in the area. Haven’t seen a ton of cruisers here but have spotted a couple down in the Chucktown area.

So far I’ve done some exploring in Francis Marion NF as well as some areas around Georgetown and Pawleys (ie. dirt roads :hillbilly:) It’s definitely a lot different from the abundance of off-road trails back out on the west coast....though it is nice to get away from all of the people and craziness of San Diego!

I haven’t yet purchased a club membership but will be doing so shortly. Looking forward to meeting some cool cruiser/Toyota folks in the future!

And of course....a couple of pics from the west coast and our more recent snowstorm this past winter.

-O’Neill

289601A4-4AB0-497E-8D2A-13504A96A829.jpeg
BA30419E-C7B8-491D-81C0-8685C0B8EB33.jpeg
68E64D68-3489-4A89-9835-40C05125A47D.jpeg

Welcome to the madness, we should be meeting Monday night, maybe see you there.

White , I’m in Conway if you ever want to get together or need anything!
Thanks brother! Have to go to Houston for training for a couple months. Probably August before I get established in MYR. House is behind the outlets, not too far from you!

Welcome to the madness, we should be meeting Monday night, maybe see you there.

Haha thank ya! You guys normally meet down towards Charleston or mt. P correct? Might be hard for me to make a meeting any time soon unfortunately... I work evening shifts from 2 - 7:30 during the week days :( hoping to make it to one eventually though!

Welcome, I think I saw you or your truck somewhere recently, can't remember where...nice truck.

Ok, I've officially joined. Dbenke should get my membership request soon.

My name is Jim and I have an FJ Cruiser (for now) but I have always loved the BJ-40s (thanks to 44runner for the auction links in Japan). I am continuing to upgrade the FJC so as to pass inspections for many of the organized trail rides. I plan to pick the brains of many of you and exploit your knowledge (hey, I'm honest :) ).

Current mods include:
- 3" toytec lift
- 33" mastercraft mtx tires
- 10K LB winch
- Resz Fab front bumper
- Resz Fab Rock Sliders (line-x covered)
- Cobra CX 75 - CB
- Second battery and Charging System

My profession is software developer but I also dabble in Mead Making and have done a few hard ciders (still haven't found a good recipe) and I'm currently tinkering with Hard Sodas.

At the time of this posting, this is my FJC:

Still need a snorkel and need to mount my Bajarack. I have also been looking to modify a morris mule trailer ( morrismule.com ). I want to add 20G potable water, hot water heater, 4 battery bank, clamshell tent, and cooking supplies. But that's long term goals for overlanding.

Ok, I've officially joined. Dbenke should get my membership request soon.

My name is Jim and I have an FJ Cruiser (for now) but I have always loved the BJ-40s (thanks to 44runner for the auction links in Japan). I am continuing to upgrade the FJC so as to pass inspections for many of the organized trail rides. I plan to pick the brains of many of you and exploit your knowledge (hey, I'm honest :) ).

Current mods include:
- 3" toytec lift
- 33" mastercraft mtx tires
- 10K LB winch
- Resz Fab front bumper
- Resz Fab Rock Sliders (line-x covered)
- Cobra CX 75 - CB
- Second battery and Charging System

My profession is software developer but I also dabble in Mead Making and have done a few hard ciders (still haven't found a good recipe) and I'm currently tinkering with Hard Sodas.

At the time of this posting, this is my FJC:

Still need a snorkel and need to mount my Bajarack. I have also been looking to modify a morris mule trailer ( morrismule.com ). I want to add 20G potable water, hot water heater, 4 battery bank, clamshell tent, and cooking supplies. But that's long term goals for overlanding.

Welcome! Look forward to meeting you. We have a few club members that are in to brewing their own beers; not sure if @Beau Diddly has ever made a mead? I'm bigger in to drinking them... Take care and I hope to see you at an event soon (although, I'm on hiatus for the rest of the year - but there's always next year).

Welcome! Look forward to meeting you. We have a few club members that are in to brewing their own beers; not sure if @Beau Diddly has ever made a mead? I'm bigger in to drinking them... Take care and I hope to see you at an event soon (although, I'm on hiatus for the rest of the year - but there's always next year).
Yes NamelessStain, I've done a couple of meads and plan to do another one in the near future. Welcome :cheers:

Quoting myself from the 100-series Cruisers section of the site and was suggested I post here too:

Hey y'all! I bought a '99 LX470 a couple weeks ago to replace a Ranger I've gotten bored with. This forum helped me out in the decision-making process, and I look forward to the vast resources your experience has been written out through the years!

As far as I know, there aren't many places to get off-pavement in South Carolina, or at least in the lowcountry, but I am looking forward to some mountain trips up to WNC and Tennessee in a few months to include some trails and camping. I typically commute on one of my motorcycles, but have been predominantly driving this since purchase to try to get the baseline maintenance sorted.

The previous owner's family (first his step-mom, then his wife, then he) supposedly has had this LX since 30k miles and it's currently sitting at 224k. The list of maintenance items and timelines he provided sound like it was pretty well cared for, at least mechanically. The interior is a bit grimey from his kids and grandkids, but it's cleaning up okay.

When I picked it up, it drastically needed new tires (now with BFGoodrich KO2's), steering tie rods and an alignment, so I dropped it off at a service shop to get that sorted. Since then, I've replaced the hood and rear hatch struts, air filter, oil and filter, cabin filters, sorted a couple minor electrical issues, spent a few hours on cleaning the interior, but need to shampoo the carpet, removed the 3rd row seating, and have the fluids to change for the differentials and transfer case this weekend. After that, power steering, spark plugs and wires, brake and transmission fluids are on the docket, along with replacing the radio antenna and working out some electrical kinks with the window motors, sunroof, and mirrors.

Anyway, thanks for having me!
20180817_162539-X2.jpg

Other vehicles in the stable: wife's Nissan Sentra, Miata was sold earlier this year, Ford Ranger, Yamaha FJR1300, BMW R100/7, and BMW R1100GS
20170528_182829-X2.jpg

20180625_115328-X2.jpg

Just joined! I had a 2000 LC a few years ago that I sold when it had 245K miles or so. Just bought a 2002 LX470 with a 3" OME lift and other necessities. Have always enjoyed this forum. Pics of my (new to me) ride below. FWIW - I live near @southerncruiser62. Ignore the General Dollar in the background!

IMG_7166.JPG
IMG_7171.JPG
IMG_7170.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG
IMG_7167.JPG

Nice, was that Ben Mara's

I don't know Ben Mara so I don't know. I bought it from a buddy of mine in GA. Not sure who he bought it from.
Hey! This is Jeremy; we met at Boeing Flightline. Glad you found us on here! It was great chatting with you the other morning (and following you to work the next day). There are a few built 80's out here in Summerville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom