In what order are you guys purchasing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bumper, tires, then lift?

Lift, tires, bumper
Bumper lift, tires, then sliders

My original plan was lift, tires, sliders, then bumper

But going this route. Bumper first, then lift, then sliders, last tires

If you know the exact lift you want, I would do lift, bumper, then tires. That way you can measure for proper sized tires for the lift and weight of the bumper.

A lot of guys here will say sliders are high priority because if you wheel before sliders and mess up a rocker panel, you're out some serious $$$. No joke. Sliders should be high on the list. You can tear up plastic bumpers cheaper than repairing your rocker panels.

Reactions: Dog
If you know the exact lift you want, I would do lift, bumper, then tires. That way you can measure for proper sized tires for the lift and weight of the bumper.

A lot of guys here will say sliders are high priority because if you wheel before sliders and mess up a rocker panel, you're out some serious $$$. No joke. Sliders should be high on the list. You can tear up plastic bumpers cheaper than repairing your rocker panels.

Sage advice above...

I'm the oddball. Gears, tires, lockers, reservoir shocks, upper Control arms, diff drop, sliders.

The answer is: it depends on what you're doing with it. Both what your end game is and what you want to be able to do during the build phase. Give us more info on that and folks can provide more meaningful advice.

I did mine basically in one shot. I accumulated a pile of stuff n the garage and then tore into the cruiser. Waiting on tires, then it goes out to the desert...

I did tires then lift and sliders at the same time. You can wheel pretty hard with just 33's and removing the stock running boards (if you have them). Bumpers and a roof rack are going to be later on since I still enjoy the stock bumpers and they don't really prevent you from wheeling. Good luck and post up pics!

I did tires first, since you can run 33's stock and I really don't want a bigger tire, even with a lift. I have AHC, so I can lift on demand right now. I'll probably get step sliders next, to replace the running boards.

Drive it first. On road, off road, then see what you need. Just throwing money at the truck won't help until you know what you're doing with it. It's a very capable vehicle even in stock form. Figure out what you need, then buy the things you want later on. A fridge and dual batteries were one of my first purchases. I drove to a lot of very fun places on a mostly stock vehicle for my first 6 months of owning it. It never drove better.

i been doing easy to medium trails at hungry valley in socal. nothing hardcore. not trying to climb big boulders or anything. i jumped on benc's bumper

Would like to see pics of the 100 series sliders that Jason made for you. Just had a great experience with @Cruisin' for a full suite of armor built for my new '74. Still owe him a post and a bunch of photos of all the nice work done!

I upgraded the tires and added sliders first. Getting ready to order a lift and front bumper from Slee, not sure if I'll do a rear bumper or not, but likely so eventually.

I owned my 100 for 15 minutes literally before I dropped it off for 285/75/16 Duratracs and removed the running boards. It wheeled extremely well stock with good tires and rode perfectly. Sliders were my next move to avoid costly body damage, then I did the lift and bumper/winch/skids all at once. I think that progression works very well and lets you appreciate each step of the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom