Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Motors Head Japan has this during checkout

View attachment 3206528

Thanks! During the "Package creation" process of Impex, I notice that it has a "Declared Price" field which can be modified to any value. Would this serve the same purpose as the one you showed?

Thanks! During the "Package creation" process of Impex, I notice that it has a "Declared Price" field which can be modified to any value. Would this serve the same purpose as the one you showed?
TOTAL FRAUD. This company takes orders, then adds further charges and will not release product unless you pay. Even if you cancel order, they keep money as credit. Only way to get a refund is paypal, and even then, they only issue part refund. TOTAL SCAM. Avoid at all cost. Not even a Japanese company, Russian !!! TRY AMAYAMA, PARTSOUQ OR JP AUTOPARTS, all legitimate auto parts suppliers out of Japan.

@MarcusMM I am sorry you had bad experience with them. The reality is that many of us have bought parts from Impex Japan and have saved money and received genuine Toyota parts. I have bought from them twice and would probably buy again if needed.

They’re just like any freight forwarding service with an integrated catalog. The calculator’s weight estimate is always going make mistakes and the carrier has the final word on the shipping quote.

Leave an extra 5000JPY (if you’re a one time buyer, leave that as a tip, or keep it for your next purchase)
in your balance and you’d never have a package needing your attention before the carrier receives it. They’ll automatically leave a note in your inbox if there’s an adjustment.

I just received my accumulator globes from them.

Thanks to the helpful tips from this thread. To avoid having to pay the "shipping adjustment" and causing delay, you would need to give them a small extra deposit of a few US dollars (or whichever currency you use).

So first payment: by the time you complete the order online, you pay the price of the globes themselves.

Second payment: after they give you an official shipping quote about a week later, you would pay the full shipping cost, and then, go to their payment page to pay a small deposit of say $5 USD. That would prevent a third "shipping adjustment" payment which causes much confusion and delay.

For me, they charged ~$2 "adjustment" out of my $5. I wouldn't worry about the remaining $3 which can be applied in my future purchase anyway 😅

Don't get me wrong, they actually do ship parts. But their practice of charging an undisclosed amount fmight not affect smaller items, but when it comes to larger items, maybe the difference is more pronounced, Check out some of the review on trustpilot.com before doing business with this company. I have dealt with many others sch as Amayama, JP carparts, Fitinparts (in singapore), partsouq and megazip and never had a problem. Impex were a total nightmare from beginning to end. Eventually got refund with paypal, but it wasn't the full amount. Decided to cut my losses and leave it.

Don't get me wrong, they actually do ship parts. But their practice of charging an undisclosed amount fmight not affect smaller items, but when it comes to larger items, maybe the difference is more pronounced, Check out some of the review on trustpilot.com before doing business with this company. I have dealt with many others sch as Amayama, JP carparts, Fitinparts (in singapore), partsouq and megazip and never had a problem. Impex were a total nightmare from beginning to end. Eventually got refund with paypal, but it wasn't the full amount. Decided to cut my losses and leave it.
I am with you on their refund policy. For those of you who are happy with your order, my guess is you didn't have to cancel your order and try to get a refund. I had to cancel my order I paid for because they didn't have the parts in stock. They allowed me to cancel but they didn't refund me directly. The money went into my account balance. What can I do with the balance when they don't have the parts I want? Try to cancel a big order next time and see if you are still as happy as today.

I just got my globes, about 2 weeks total. I did give them about an extra $40 when they requested additional shipping money.

It's weird because they didn't tell me how much more they needed, so I just guessed. But I still saved a butt load of money and 2 weeks isn't bad coming from Japan.

I try to support local businesses and Dealers when I can but I will continue to use Impex, Partsouq, Megazip, Amayama and/or some reliable eBay sites when I don’t like Dealer prices.

Impex has its quirky methods to ensure that actual rather than estimated freight costs are passed on to the Buyer and do not come out of the Seller’s margin. Impex could quote higher freight costs to cover their bets and simplify their process. I guess they like being able to advertise sharp base prices to gain attention and orders, then add other charges as deemed necessary.

Partsouq, Megazip, Amayama and others operate a little differently -- but they all like to ensure that as much financial risk as possible is passed on to the Buyer, such as -- foreign exchange costs, freight costs, whether parts are genuine OEM supply, parts unavailability, delivery delays, full or partial cancellations, returns, refunds versus credits, warranties (if any!), etc, etc, etc.

When placing an order with all of these business, the Buyer accepts the Seller’s specific Terms & Conditions as found in the “fine print” in various places on each of their individual websites. This means the Buyer accepts the risks involved in return for better prices than achievable elsewhere for genuine OEM items -- including the risk that there is little, if any, recourse or protection from consumer laws in the Buyer’s home country -- or anywhere else. The business depends on reputation and customer satisfaction -- most of the time.

The above businesses all participate in the worldwide trade in genuine auto parts. They are traders and consolidaters -- so they are trading businesses dealing in cash, minimal capital investment required (have a look on their websites at the pics of their facilities), minimal investment in inventory, minimum inventory holding costs, minimum staff and physical site costs, tight cash-positive control -- meaning money comes in from Buyers before money goes out to their Suppliers, minimum Business Owner’s funds involved, minimum overdraft or debt on the Business Owner’s balance sheet. The idea is to operate as far as possible using other people's money!

Mostly, these businesses operate using a network of other Suppliers on a “just-in-time” basis. Some of them may have some inventory in their own warehouses or consolidation points at various places around the world. This is not much different to the way auto manufacturers such as Toyota/Lexus operate -- they don't manufacture all their own stuff but have a vast network of original manufacturers and suppliers of the parts used in vehicle assembly and later supplied as spare parts in the auto manufacturer's (Toyota or Lexus) packaging.

So it is important to find and read the “About us”, "Terms and Conditions" and “Contact” pages on Impex, Partsouq, Megazip, Amayama and other websites -- to avoid surprises on payment terms, freight costs, returns, delivery, substitutions, partial fulfillment of orders, warranties (if any), etc, etc.

Some eBay sources reliably supply genuine OEM parts -- but there are plenty of fakes out there, so it is a case of "buyer beware".

There also is an immense worldwide network of traders in non-genuine auto parts, used auto parts and fake copies of auto parts, so some care is advisable.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if buying the eBay ones are legit. I was about to order through impex but then saw some issues and can’t for the life of me find them on their site. Are the part numbers posted (sorry I’ll admit, I didn’t read all 11 pages for part numbers)

I just ordered 4 gloves, and 4 front arms from them. They told me one of the arm is not in stock until a week later, and i was ok with that.
2 days ago, they sent me the shipping estimate, which i paid.
This morning i got the notification from FedEx about the shipping, and a message from them refunding me 612 Japanese Yen since they over-quoted the shipping fee :)
Finger-cross, but so far i am happy dealing with ImPex :)

Does anyone know if buying the eBay ones are legit. I was about to order through impex but then saw some issues and can’t for the life of me find them on their site. Are the part numbers posted (sorry I’ll admit, I didn’t read all 11 pages for part numbers)
There is a guy selling 4 globes that he bought from impex, here in the classifieds!

Before I order through Impex, does anyone stateside have two rear globes they purchased from Impex and didn't use? I'm on a tight timeframe, so I thought I would check here real quick before ordering.

2 weeks since ordered and paid. Should have bought those coils instead of pricing.... need some anyway. Anyone have any insight on why rubber is $$$ cheaper?

image.jpg

Pricing vs Others
Screenshot 2023-07-17 155840.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom