Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Placed my order on Friday for new globes… message back from IMPEX that they have the rear globes, but the front globes are not due into their Japan warehouse until 11/30.

Placed order for two front globes on 11/2. After paying for shipping twice they are arriving via Fedex tomorrow. $279 usd shipped to Honolulu Hawaii.

FYI they have all the Mark Levinson speakers in stock and for more than half the price.

Does anyone know if you can add items to your order if they haven't shipped it? I'm still waiting on them to get the globes in (11/30) and thought of some more parts I could use.

You can ask them, they are usually pretty responsive

Placed my order on Friday for new globes… message back from IMPEX that they have the rear globes, but the front globes are not due into their Japan warehouse until 11/30.
Received a message from IMPEX last night that front globes have arrived in their warehouse… And the order is ready to ship.

Paid for shipping, and will keep an eye on IMPEX messages for tracking details.

Received 4 new globes today… FedEx picked it up at IMPEX Japan on Sunday… delivered today

C3FC7FA3-E996-40D2-B523-05C74FB9406E.jpeg
0222E5EB-167B-46C6-B106-0A41074E620B.jpeg

Well my fronts are held up til 12/20 so I in a holding pattern. Will be worth it though.

Placed my order on 11/25 and estimated ship date is 12/15 for me. Fronts are delayed.

FYI

4 globes package size for me was 38x38x21… 10.82kg

Maybe you can avoid having to pay twice for shipping…???…

FYI

4 globes package size for me was 38x38x21… 10.82kg

Maybe you can avoid having to pay twice for shipping…???…

I think they’re going to wait till everything is in stock before shipping.

I think they’re going to wait till everything is in stock before shipping.
IMPEX has you pay for the items you have selected… and they estimate shipping cost, which you must pay to make a package…

Having read every post in this thread, I noticed a trend… that IMPEX is notorious for asking for an additional small amount in order to actually ship your parcel. In my case, they required an additional JP¥73.

Today I installed 4 new OEM globes sourced from IMPEX Japan… and installed the Zeal AHC shock extensions from Japan 4x4.

Went from 8 graduations High to Low up to 14 graduations… the drive feels the same, perhaps a bit tighter in the rear.

1670026008496.jpeg

CC99BBED-806D-4606-8A0D-FA58B6A510FE.jpeg
8578E467-7F27-4628-BAB2-95D74FD1DDDF.jpeg

Did you email Japan 4x4 for the shock extensions? I didn’t think they still sold them.
Reach out to Dave Stedman at Japan 4x4… stedman@japan4x4.com

I emailed him, and after several days he replied to my request and sent the installation literature and a quote… ¥21,200 for the parts per set… plus shipping.

at the time, the yen was really low to the dollar. ¥153 / US dollar when I ordered.

After installation of the Zeal AHC shock extensions, I found the bounce while I was in AHC high went away completely.

If you do the AHC shock extensions, be sure to check for CV boot clearance to the shock extensions bracket. Mine would barely touch the CV boot at full lock, on both the left and right side shocks…

So, at the point of contact, I shaved down the shock extension brackets with a flap disc, and welded through to fuse and laminate the 2 layers of steel in the bracket. Sadly, in this process, I lost the zinc plating on the shock extension bracket in that location, so I ended up prime and painting them black.

In the photo, you can see where I changed the radius in the lower right corner of the shock extension bracket. I now have 3.5mm clearance to the CV boot at full lock.

1670731729194.jpeg

I recommend these AHC shock extension brackets if you have a sensor lift… be sure to check for CV boot clearance at full lock, and adjust the bracket as required.

I'm sure this has been brought up but stacking ebay there's a lot of Japanese sellers selling these brand new and free shipping. $630 for a set was the lowest price I find with good ratings

I'm sure this has been brought up but stacking ebay there's a lot of Japanese sellers selling these brand new and free shipping. $630 for a set was the lowest price I find with good ratings
ebay vendors selling what? The OEM AHC globes? The Japanese manufactured Zeal AHC shock extension brackets?

When I purchased 2 front and 2 rear OEM AHC globes from IMPEX Japan, parts + shipping to SoCal was $534 total cost for genuine Toyota parts. Well over $100 less expensive than Amayama.

I did not think to check eBay for these parts considering the abundance of fraudulent and counterfeit car part items that are sold as genuine.

I preferred to save $96 and have the traceability of the genuine OEM supply chain by purchasing from IMPEX Japan for these items.

Well I'm the one guy who would have a problem.

Shipment is held up in Memphis. Got this message from FedEx this morning:

"Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity.
Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide a more detailed description of goods."

I would have thought that there have been enough of these packages shipped and delivered that something like this would not be a problem.

I have sent a message to Impex, hopefully they will respond in a timely manner.

Anybody else dealt with this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom