LX570 accumulators vs LX470 accumulators (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t and honestly I probably won’t do it because it works, is 100x better than having blown out globes, and I’m too cheap to go have someone read the pressures. My globes had 400k on them before replacement and the truck is a 1999 and just my spare ride at this point in its life.
Techstream is free

Techstream is free
You are correct it is but I do not possess the scan tool to couple with it. All I was trying to accomplish was answer the question that no one had an answer too and that was the compatibility of the 570 globes on the 470 truck. The tech specs for the two sets of globes have already been given by someone else. I don’t mean to come off crude but I was just trying to help people answer a question, who were probably hesitant on putting 600+ on the line for something that might not fit.

Lol, furthest from the truth.

I don’t and honestly I probably won’t do it because it works, is 100x better than having blown out globes, and I’m too cheap to go have someone read the pressures. My globes had 400k on them before replacement and the truck is a 1999 and just my spare ride at this point in its life.
So it works much better than “dead” proper globes, but it’s too much trouble to compare to the “correct fix”?

Last edited:
So it works better much than “dead” proper globes, but it’s too much trouble to compare to the “correct fix
So it works better much than “dead” proper globes, but it’s too much trouble to compare to the “correct fix”?
You wanna come do it for me???? Probably not, experiment on your own car. She’s a 24 year old vehicle with crust in every crevice. Just because it’s a Lexus don’t mean it’s gotta be perfect. This all goes back to someone questioning if the globes would even fit the vehicle. I’ve answered said question and that’s that. Go be a troll somewhere else

You wanna come do it for me???? Probably not, experiment on your own car. She’s a 24 year old vehicle with crust in every crevice. Just because it’s a Lexus don’t mean it’s gotta be perfect. This all goes back to someone questioning if the globes would even fit the vehicle. I’ve answered said question and that’s that. Go be a troll somewhere else
No thanks, I’m an AHC heretic, that’s converted two AHC vehicles to a conventional suspension. Yep, I’ve already experimented on my own vehicles…

No thanks, I’m an AHC heretic, that’s converted two AHC vehicles to a conventional suspension. Yep, I’ve already experimented on my own vehicles…
Then why the **** do you care about a proper fix and pressure stuff when you killed the system. Find something better to do with your free time haha what a joke.

Then why the f*** do you care about a proper fix and pressure stuff when you killed the system. Find something better to do with your free time haha what a joke.
Thanks for your advice, I look forward to trying it on my next LX470…

Guessing the rear spring rate on the LX570 is different (greater) than the LX470- as such different globe pressure requirements? Higher spring rate- lower required globe pressures? If you wanted to use 570 rears, as a starting point, look at matching load balance and spring rates then set pressures accordingly.

Why are our 100's globes more
The 100 series ones show up at $154/ea on Amayama. In any case, I wouldn't mind comparison of specs on the 200 accumulators.
Is Amayama(.com) a good source for Toyota parts compared to other overseas sources e.g. partsouq? The price looks very good. I'm wondering because I haven't seen other folks sharing experience about this site.

Is Amayama(.com) a good source for Toyota parts compared to other overseas sources e.g. partsouq? The price looks very good. I'm wondering because I haven't seen other folks sharing experience about this site.
I've used them before for a few random pieces. They've been around a long time and I've never heard anyone having troubles beyond wait times for shipments.

Amayama is a good source for parts. I think the processing/shipping is not a quick as partsouq and sometimes their 'real time' inventory is not accurate but they often have parts that are unavailable from partsouq and elsewhere. So, I'd certainly recommend them.

Some comments on Amayama and others taken from some of my earlier posts:

Amayama:
Genuine Japanese Car Part Imports - Amayama - https://www.amayama.com/en
Based in Japan (Osaka) and with warehouses in Japan, UAE (Dubai), Australia (Sydney).

In my experience, credible, reliable, delivered OEM parts as promised. As always, best to do a price-check with other suppliers.

Sometimes Amayama have advised that Japanese export restrictions prevent them from exporting some parts by air, such as ‘globes’ a.k.a. ‘accumulators’ on parts lists a.k.a. ‘gas chambers’ as described in the LC100 and LX470 Factory Service Manuals. The reason given appears to be that these items contain gas under pressure. Hard to figure – the gas is harmless nitrogen – does not seem to be a problem for the other suppliers listed below.

Amayama has much the same business model as others mentioned below and describe themselves as:

“Amayama Trading Co., Ltd supplies new OEM (genuine) parts for cars manufactured by Japanese automakers and ships parts worldwide with fast delivery and reasonable cost to the client. The company specializes in supplying parts for Japanese domestic market (JDM) models exported from Japan to destinations around the world: Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Infiniti, Mitsubishi, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Suzuki. We understand the difficulties in dealing with local parts suppliers when it comes to JDM models and we strive to make the acquisition of the desired parts as easy as possible. Amayama Trading Co. Ltd is located in Mino City, in northern Osaka, Japan and has direct contact with all Japanese automakers, so you can be sure that your parts are genuine OEM items and maintain your vehicles original performance and function as the manufacturer intended”.

Partsouq:
https://partsouq.com/
Based in UAE (Dubai) with warehouses in other locations (unspecified).

Reliable, deliver OEM parts as promised, multiple positive experiences in my case. Probably the best and easiest to use catalogue because it contains pictures of most (but not all) parts available for sale. Generally good prices.

Similar business model as others and with world-wide reach. ‘Souq’ is an Arabic word for bazaar or market – and so ‘partsouq’ means an on-line market for spare parts.

Impex:
IMPEX JAPAN — online new genuine spare parts shop - https://en.impex-jp.com/
Based on the Western side of Japan (Toyama) also with warehouses in other locations (unspecified).

The business model is similar to others. Generally good prices, famous with IH8MUD Members for best prices and delivery for ‘globes’ a.k.a. ‘accumulators’ on parts lists a.k.a. ‘gas chambers’ as described in the LC100 and LX470 Factory Service Manuals. Today on Impex website: USD110.78 each for 49141-60010 (Front ‘globes’) and USD110.78 each for 49151-60010 (Rear ‘globes’) PLUS delivery PLUS any import duties and taxes payable on arrival in your country.

Impex prices often are very good but not always lowest on all items – comparison with the other suppliers mentioned is recommended, along with comparison of total delivered cost with local Dealer prices.

Megazip:
MegaZip - Genuine OEM Parts From Japan, USA, UAE | Online Store - https://www.megazip.net/

Head Office in Singapore with Warehouses in Singapore (Singapore), Japan (Minato near Tokyo), USA (Delaware), UAE (Sharjah near Dubai) Thailand (Phuket), EU-Latvia (Riga).

The business model is similar to others.

Reliable in my experience, deliver OEM parts as promised. Generally good prices and availability.

Generally ….

Each of the above listed businesses can be competitive on prices for different parts from time to time. All have been reliable suppliers of genuine OEM parts, at least in my experience. As mentioned, Impex seems to have the sharpest pricing on 'globes' -- but not on all things.

The starting point is to find the correct part number for the required item for the model and model year. Usually, correct part numbers can be discovered by a search starting with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ) on the above websites -- or on Toyota parts catalog - https://toyota.epc-data.com/ -- or ask a Dealer to find the part number for you.

Availability of required parts can be different across the various sources -- if an item is unavailable at one source, then a check by part number on other sources may reveal availability.

In all cases (and for all eBay sources), it is worth having a look at the "About Us" page on each of the websites to get some idea of the business, its location, and their contact details. Personally, I prefer to deal with businesses that have a visible physical address and contact details in case something goes wrong. I also like to be satisfied about which carriers they use -- for reliability and so that I know that shipment can be tracked.

Pricing of parts from the above sources often are competitive compared with local sources but cost of freight to the buyer plus any taxes or duties plus risk can change the equation, especially for heavy parts, so it is best to check local pricing first. And hey, it is good to support local business when prices are reasonable.

The above businesses all participate in the worldwide trade in genuine auto parts. They are traders and consolidaters. Mostly, these businesses operate using a network of other suppliers. Some of them have large inventories in their own warehouses at various places around the world. This is not much different to the way auto manufacturers such as Toyota/Lexus operate -- they don't manufacture all their own stuff but have a vast network of original manufacturers and suppliers of the parts used in vehicle assembly and later supplied as spare parts in the auto manufacturer's (Toyota or Lexus) packaging.

It is also important to find and read the “About us”, "Terms and Conditions" and “Contact” pages on the above supplier websites -- to avoid surprises on payment terms, freight costs, returns, delivery, substitutions, partial fulfillment of orders, warranties (if any), etc, etc.

Some eBay sources reliably supply genuine OEM parts -- but there are plenty of fakes out there, so it is a case of "buyer beware".

There also is an immense network of traders in non-genuine auto parts, used auto parts and fake copies of auto parts, so some care is advisable.

Last edited:
You are correct it is but I do not possess the scan tool to couple with it. All I was trying to accomplish was answer the question that no one had an answer too and that was the compatibility of the 570 globes on the 470 truck. The tech specs for the two sets of globes have already been given by someone else. I don’t mean to come off crude but I was just trying to help people answer a question, who were probably hesitant on putting 600+ on the line for something that might not fit.
Why did you decide to try the 570 globes in the first place? 470 globes can be had for the same price.

Why did you decide to try the 570 globes in the first place? 470 globes can be had for the same price.
Because she isn’t my daily driver anymore and why not experiment alittle. It amazes me the parts comparability that Lexus/Toyota has across different years and models just find it fun. Also I found about a 200 dollar difference in globe prices between the two. I sourced off eBay which might be why but that was my secondary reasoning behind it. 470 globes were 650 and up and then the 570 were 460 for the ones I found

Because she isn’t my daily driver anymore and why not experiment alittle. It amazes me the parts comparability that Lexus/Toyota has across different years and models just find it fun. Also I found about a 200 dollar difference in globe prices between the two. I sourced off eBay which might be why but that was my secondary reasoning behind it. 470 globes were 650 and up and then the 570 were 460 for the ones I found

OEM globes can be had for under $500 shipped.

OK. After reading this thread want to replace my front 470 globes with front 570 globes.
Where is the best place to buy? I want oem parts only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom