Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's criminal what the dealership's charge for these.

Got everything in time to change the globes this holiday weekend.

All in including enough AHC fluid for 2 or 3 flushes if necessary <850$

The dealership wanted over 4K to do this.

IMG_1412.jpg

Yup... 3-400% markup for most dealerships.
Another good site is Partsouq.com. Comes from Dubai and I usually have parts within 1 week of order. Last order was put in late Wed (6/16) PST and parts were received by 2pm PST on the following Wed (6/25).

Awesome, can you please update with the process and results? I have these in my cart but haven't ordered them yet.

Awesome, can you please update with the process and results? I have these in my cart but haven't ordered them yet.
Yup, planning on swapping everything this weekend

I am curious about this too. I've skimmed over a couple of posts about it....but not sure I fully understand the 'process'. Something about placing the order, then waiting for a shipping quote, etc....

Some warnings in previous posts about the possibility of an order not shipping and no recourse available to the buyer?

I am curious about this too. I've skimmed over a couple of posts about it....but not sure I fully understand the 'process'. Something about placing the order, then waiting for a shipping quote, etc....

Some warnings in previous posts about the possibility of an order not shipping and no recourse available to the buyer?
10 days door to door from impex. Pay through PayPal and check your email. Dropping your kids off at school is harder
A3EA7B47-B3CD-4BD3-80BF-3565B647B463.jpeg

I ordered a bunch of stuff from impex about 8 weeks ago and received everything 10 days ago. Its definitely a process, but hard to beat the prices. I had to pay extra shipping fees twice, both times because they underestimated the weight by .01kg. Each time was pennies but that delayed shipping and the paypal fees were much more than the balance. After I paid the 2nd time, I had to acknowledge the message in their system before they would ship. Would be a lot easier if they had instructions, but not that hard to figure out. I paid 1/3 of the cost I would have here, and was in no rush. Maybe someone should write a tutorial for ordering and post it on mud somehwere?

Some stuff is cheaper on partsouq and they have insanely fast shipping. Some stuff is cheaper in the US still.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from impex about 8 weeks ago and received everything 10 days ago. Its definitely a process, but hard to beat the prices. I had to pay extra shipping fees twice, both times because they underestimated the weight by .01kg. Each time was pennies but that delayed shipping and the paypal fees were much more than the balance. After I paid the 2nd time, I had to acknowledge the message in their system before they would ship. Would be a lot easier if they had instructions, but not that hard to figure out. I paid 1/3 of the cost I would have here, and was in no rush. Maybe someone should write a tutorial for ordering and post it on mud somehwere?

Some stuff is cheaper on partsouq and they have insanely fast shipping. Some stuff is cheaper in the US still.
I think you just wrote the tutorial

My experience ordering on IMPEX:
  1. Pay your order
    • On PayPal payment page, change to NOT let PayPal do the exchange for you, if you have a credit card which has no foreign transaction fee. The exchange rate at your credit card bank is better than PayPal.
    • Of course skip this if you don't have such card or just want to be charged more
  2. Check your order status daily
  3. Pay the shipping quote which is very reasonable btw. Same PayPal trick applies too.
  4. Check your email, and order status/communication on IMPEX website
  5. Pay the extra couple dollars of actual shipping cost difference. Again, same PayPal trick here
  6. By now, one week should have passed.
  7. Tracking your FedEx and watching it flies to US, clears the Custom, and arrives to your door.
    • Once it shipped, it arrives faster than ground shipping from coast to coast in most cases.
  8. In roughly 2 weeks, 4 new globes are at your hand

This is fantastic news. I had saved the Pleiades people's contact info at one point, but I'd way rather put Toyota parts back on than refit Citroen, even if it's really the same thing, more or less. Reasonable costs for something that screws off and back on like a big heavy lightbulb (plus bleeding of fluid...) and car rides better? Good stuff - thanks for the post.

My experience ordering on IMPEX:
  1. Pay your order
    • On PayPal payment page, change to NOT let PayPal do the exchange for you, if you have a credit card which has no foreign transaction fee. The exchange rate at your credit card bank is better than PayPal.
    • Of course skip this if you don't have such card or just want to be charged more
  2. Check your order status daily
  3. Pay the shipping quote which is very reasonable btw. Same PayPal trick applies too.
  4. Check your email, and order status/communication on IMPEX website
  5. Pay the extra couple dollars of actual shipping cost difference. Again, same PayPal trick here
  6. By now, one week should have passed.
  7. Tracking your FedEx and watching it flies to US, clears the Custom, and arrives to your door.
    • Once it shipped, it arrives faster than ground shipping from coast to coast in most cases.
  8. In roughly 2 weeks, 4 new globes are at your hand
Is there a prompt which asks which exchange rate to use or do you just mean enter your card directly on their website, instead of going through the paypal portal? Little confused about that part.

Jeeez thats a good price, 4 globes + fedex shipping for the below? I need to get these asap. Love the AHC system and would love to see what a new pair feel like after 20 years.

Is this how much you guys are paying?

Thanks for sharing, I thought ebay + timing the purchase during a sale was the best price. This is so much better for OEM.

JP¥65,370 (US$590.73)

Is there a prompt which asks which exchange rate to use or do you just mean enter your card directly on their website, instead of going through the paypal portal? Little confused about that part.
The exchange rate between U$D and Yen is lower with your credit card company. Paypal allows you to have your CC do the exchange (usually at a much better rate).

:popcorn:

No, I believe their shop use PayPal as checkout service provider, and they don't charge your credit card directly. As I have explained before, you DO have the control to decide who do the currency exchange for you when using PayPal checkout. It's either PayPal (default with worse rate) or your bank (which normally has better rate). YMMV.

Question for those who have gone before.

I have placed an order with Impex and am at the create package step.
Their system keeps telling me the country and zip can't be found in their database.
I've tried both my work and home addresses (Different cities and zips) to no avail.
I've also tried both spelling out the state and using the two letter abbreviation.
Has anyone had this problem, and how did you resolve it?

EDIT: So I tried again spelling out things like South instead of S. and Street instead of St. That seemed to do the trick. I liked @AFei suggestion about trying an alternative browser, but didn't have a chance yet.

One other thing; I didn't see an opportunity to add a couple dollars to cover changes in shipping weight. So I'll just wait it out and hope it doesn't change from the initial quote. Outside of those issues, it's going smoothly. Placed the order on Wednesday the 14th and it's ready to ship on Monday the 19th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom