Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is also in Memphis
“International Shipment Release” but have not received a message like yours. It’s supposed to be delivered 12/19. 🤞

Mine came through without issue. Shipped 12/12 delivered 12/16. I just had to wait a month for the one set of globes to get delivered to them.

269032CB-303F-41AA-B5AC-EB28657F92A2.jpeg

Mine came through without issue. Shipped 12/12 delivered 12/16. I just had to wait a month for the one set of globes to get delivered to them.

View attachment 3195766
Nice!!!

What are your Globes date codes?

I’d imagine that the one globe in the box without the white sticker is the newest of the lot.

Nice!!!

What are your Globes date codes?

I’d imagine that the one globe in the box without the white sticker is the newest of the lot.
I didnt check and I already installed them. Here is the only one that I could see the date code on. The supporting vendor I purchased the car from said he replaced them but my old ones had 2004 dates. Graduation change and ride quality greatly improved.

87B0B6A3-D145-4CE8-96DB-E831308D2C6D.jpeg

4D50F149-721F-40D4-962F-4C25E2C1BBA1.jpeg

367E4AF6-1464-4275-9AF1-53CD657C555D.jpeg

I didnt check and I already installed them. Here is the only one that I could see the date code on. The supporting vendor I purchased the car from said he replaced them but my old ones had 2004 dates. Graduation change and ride quality greatly improved.

View attachment 3196279

View attachment 3196280

View attachment 3196281
I also noticed an improvement in ride quality when I installed my new globes… Especially a little bit tighter control in the rear.

1671390329046.jpeg

I believe this date code shows 10/26/2022 date of nitrogen charge fill.

22- year
X- 10th month
26- day of month
0484- daily serial number

Nice!!! Fresh AHC globes

That's a nice find - 2.75% cheaper than Impex and cheaper shipping. About how much is shipping for 4 globes through the postal services?

Sorry… missed your post back in June. You’d have to ask Motorshead Japan. I’ve found their pricing cheaper on most things I’ve needed than Impex but shipping isn’t as fast.

Well I'm the one guy who would have a problem.

Shipment is held up in Memphis. Got this message from FedEx this morning:

"Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity.
Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide a more detailed description of goods."

I would have thought that there have been enough of these packages shipped and delivered that something like this would not be a problem.

I have sent a message to Impex, hopefully they will respond in a timely manner.

Anybody else dealt with this?
You'd want to talk to FedEx, they can take infornation from you about the contents of the package and can work with the customs to get it cleared.

You'd want to talk to FedEx, they can take infornation from you about the contents of the package and can work with the customs to get it cleared.

I’m Free! I’m Free!

Got an email from Impex this am with an invoice document they told me to forward to FedEx to clear up the customs hold.

While I was trying to figure out how to do that a message pinged in from FedEx saying shipment released. I guess Impex sent them something too.

Supposed to be here tomorrow.

I’m Free! I’m Free!

Got an email from Impex this am with an invoice document they told me to forward to FedEx to clear up the customs hold.

While I was trying to figure out how to do that a message pinged in from FedEx saying shipment released. I guess Impex sent them something too.

Supposed to be here tomorrow.
FWIW mine got held up too. Impex had it handled within 24 hours without any messages from me. Revived my globes yesterday.

That's a nice find - 2.75% cheaper than Impex and cheaper shipping. About how much is shipping for 4 globes through the postal services?
Impex didn't have a park brake cable so I tried Motor Head Japan. I also added all the sway bar refresh parts. Motor Head had really good prices on the parts but when they sent me the shipping quote it was 93.60 for Japan Post ordinary. This is a few dollars less than I just paid for the globes from IMPEX with Fedex shipping. All the parts I'm trying to order are small and light.

Last edited:
Got 4 new globes today for my LX470. ~$575 shipped to me. FedEx picked them up from Impex Tuesday and I got them today. My truck just failed the graduations test a few months ago so I’m excited to see the improvement in ride quality with new globes.

Got 4 new globes today for my LX470. ~$575 shipped to me. FedEx picked them up from Impex Tuesday and I got them today. My truck just failed the graduations test a few months ago so I’m excited to see the improvement in ride quality with new globes.
I'm sure you'll notice a difference. Mine was noticeable.... also did front shock bushings though.

Anyone else receive a bill from FedEx ~2 weeks after receiving their package?
Not for Impex, but I once did get a bill for the import duties that FedEx ended up paying for one of my partsouq.com order.

Motors Head Japan has this during checkout

A78F75DB-D950-47B1-B8B2-08D628BD309E.jpeg

I placed order for 4 globes from Impex on Dec 26th. Order status has been "processing" since then... Anything I might be missing to move the order forward or would it be normal for it to take this long and I need to be patient?

I placed order for 4 globes from Impex on Dec 26th. Order status has been "processing" since then... Anything I might be missing to move the order forward or would it be normal for it to take this long and I need to be patient?
I think they had a vacation from 12/28 to 1/5 according to a message I saw in their website's email system. That may slow things down.

They have a working calendar at the bottom of their page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom