Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ordered globes and about 500$ in other LX parts from Impex. Took a good 2 weeks, no issues really, other than their system is a little strange. Quirks of Japan I'd say. BUT, I did get issues with US Customs, they wanted to know detail about the parts in the shipment and their respective values, and I ended up with a $40 charge from Fedex courtesy USCustoms. I suspect it's because the total order exceeded $1000.

but I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from Japan. I get stuff from Amazon Japan often and with the exchange rate what it is, big savings are there...think Japanese tools and car parts.

Ordered. Parts total was $439.43, plus shipping. I found it helpful to use the actual dimensions (45x38x21cm, 11.1kg) as listed in the post below:

My globes were shipped on 11/11 and arrived at my door 11/15. I only had about a day setback due to not initially paying enough for shipping. For what it's worth, if you are only ordering 4 globes the package size will be 45x38x21cm and 11.1 kg. If you can find way to incorporate that when you checkout, then you're shipping costs may be correct. It makes zero sense that I can order and ship 4 globes from Japan to Mississippi for cheaper than I can purchase 1 globe from my local dealership, but I sure am happy someone found this option. I also have 3L of AHC fluid and techstream ready, so I will be undertaking this soon, hopefully.

Anyone else having issues with their cart on Impex? I can't seem to add items to the cart once it has 3 items in it. It shows the part being added, but when I click view cart, it isn't there.

Do they come with new o-rings for installation?

I ordered the 0-ring (x4) and the backup ring (x4) separately -- and then found that the 'globes' arrived with both rings already fitted.

AHC - Globe with O-ring and Backup Ring.jpg

Do they come with new o-rings for installation?
Man I hope mine have new O rings on them, I just replaced them maybe 6mo ago. I never gave it one single thought. 😅
(Nothing is or has been shooting out hydraulic fluid at any point and my reservoir is rock solid, so... probably.)

Kinda fun to check in on this thread- I think I paid like $500 for mine, total to my door. Wild to see the exchange rates shifting in action. And I'm with everyone else, too- it's criminal that dealers charge so much for these.

Nothing is or has been shooting out hydraulic fluid at any point ....
No point in worrying until there is something to worry about -- suspect that the O-ring and the split Backup-ring are standard fittings at manufacture of the 'globes' and all should be good. If needed, the Part Numbers are in the pic posted previously, likely to be a 'common use' part, and if so the Parts Department at a Dealership may be able to supply for small cost. If second-hand 'globes' were being contemplated, replacement of these rings would be a good idea -- but when a set of four new 'globes' can be obtained for ~USD500 delivered, second-hand 'globes' of unknowable remaining life seems pointless ....

AHC - Gas Chamber O-ring and Backup ring.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone successfully ordered from Impex lately? I put in an order for globes 10/3 and it still says it’s processing.

Ordered one globe and tried to order the fluid. Got a “Cannot be shipped by EMS / SAL!” notice for the fluid.

Ordered one globe and tried to order the fluid. Got a “Cannot be shipped by EMS / SAL!” notice for the fluid.
It’s labelled hazmat and can no longer be shipped since April 2022. The next best bet is Mcgeorge Toyota I believe.

I’ve tried Amayama, it cannot be shipped either.

Anyone successfully ordered from Impex lately? I put in an order for globes 10/3 and it still says it’s processing.
Under the items tab, does your status say- “Estimated delivery: unknown, item will be produced by special order. Please note the order cancellation will not be accepted.”

My order was finally processed over the weekend. i was able to pay for the initial shipping, and then yesterday the additional shipping charge posted. Paid that and got the fedex notification of pickup today.

I have ordered through them three other times successfully. First was globes and turn around was fast.

Ordered rear suspension bits and it has taken two weeks of "processing". They now are "shipping" after three weeks. Still waiting...

They are much slower than previously.

Likely trying Partsouq next time.

My order was finally processed over the weekend. i was able to pay for the initial shipping, and then yesterday the additional shipping charge posted. Paid that and got the fedex notification of pickup today.
Are you doing this through desktop or phone? I can’t seem to put an additional deposit towards the shipping fees even though I can select fed ex or DHL.

Jeeez thats a good price, 4 globes + fedex shipping for the below? I need to get these asap. Love the AHC system and would love to see what a new pair feel like after 20 years.

Is this how much you guys are paying?

Thanks for sharing, I thought ebay + timing the purchase during a sale was the best price. This is so much better for OEM.

JP¥65,370 (US$590.73)

My laziness pays off, now Impex is quoting JP¥65,990 (US$451.86)

Wow the Dollar is strong! Will be buying soon.

I just ordered them for my wife's LX570, the parts for those are even cheaper than the 100 Series. I think they are like $375 shipped.

Last edited:
For those who ordered 4 100 series globes from Impex, can you please post the shipping box size and weight?
For what it's worth, if you are only ordering 4 globes the package size will be 45x38x21cm and 11.1 kg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom