ahc globes live in my head rent-free (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
pls tell me i didn't swap the fronts and rears...

so i just replaced my globes and i didn't triple check as i was reinstalling to make 1000% sure i was putting the rears on the rear and fronts on the front. but now that it's done, i was looking at the old globes and i noticed one of the smaller globes was one i had definitely removed from the rear (i knew this bc it was more discolored than the other three); however, i put the smaller globes up front and bigger globes in the back. see pics below.

front:
front globe.jpg

rear:
rear globe.jpg

i did it right...right?

Part numbers: Fronts have a four (4). 49141-60010.

Now, if your fronts have a five (49151)…. you’re going to want to go grab a 6 pack real quick.

Part numbers: Fronts have a four (4). 49141-60010.

Now, if your fronts have a five (49151)…. you’re going to want to go grab a 6 pack real quick.
is the p/n actually on the part though? or is the cat out of the bag once the oem boxes are gone?

is the p/n actually on the part though? or is the cat out of the bag once the oem boxes are gone?
I want to say they’re either somewhere on the crown, or embossed into it somewhere. No chance they wouldn’t have the PN on there somewhere right?

You should be good. Smaller globes up front and bigger ones in the rear is what I did as well last weekend so if that's wrong I guess we are both screwed LOL. All I know is this thing finally rides like a Lexus now so I ain't complaining - especially considering how easy it was change the globes compared to how much I was dreading the job. My Oct 1999 globes were pretty rusted and I thought for sure I'd round out the wrench or nut trying to get off..got lucky.

The smaller globes are for front and larger for rear. You can use a rear for the right PS front if needed but a rear larger globe will not fit on the left DS. Not that you did but I would not try to use the smaller globes in rear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom