I’m Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I owned a 2011 with the 6.2l v8 for 11 years and it was a great, reliable truck. I could never buy into the eco boost motor. My good friend is a Ford mechanic that was constantly tearing them apart to fix the cam phaser issue. He will never own one either.
This is why I got rid of my extremely cared for 3.5 EB f150. Underhood canary started singing (rattling). Time to go. I've heard the 6.2 was a good engine...especially in comparison.

Welcome back

Keeping good company with Raptors. On the whole, I find the 200-series more capable.

View attachment 3321889
I'm more impressed with the Xterra and the utility trailer. Has the same fun for less than a few months payments on one of the Raptors, and probably spends less time in the shop too. :rofl:

I'm more impressed with the Xterra and the utility trailer. Has the same fun for less than a few months payments on one of the Raptors, and probably spends less time in the shop too. :rofl:

True and true. The Xterra has its limitations, but he's surely out there having a ball and mixing it up. It gets no love, is driven hard, and keeps trucking. What stands out is how much less tire a compact rig really needs than say a gargantuan Raptor to do the same technical obstacles.

True and true. The Xterra has its limitations, but he's surely out there having a ball and mixing it up. It gets no love, is driven hard, and keeps trucking. What stands out is how much less tire a compact rig really needs than say a gargantuan Raptor to do the same technical obstacles.

That Xterra will outlast everything in that photo. Was my first truck, till it got stolen.

@PatrickBateman Congrats on the HE and welcome back into the fold!

I had a 2020 Raptor. I have to admit, there were many things I liked about that truck (mostly comfort, convenience and fun to drive). However, it sure rattled and squeaked a lot for an offroad specific truck. Ironically we enjoyed it the most on pavement. One Sunday afternoon I talked the wife and kids into a 60 mile loop in the mountains behind our home since we had this deluxe offroad truck. They literally shouted for joy when we finally hit the pavement again and the noises stopped. It started having some tech glitches at about 30k miles, Toyota announced no more LC in the US and I had always wanted one so I traded the Raptor in on a 2021 HE. Trade value on the Raptor was the same as I paid new so that was nice. I think the salesman thought I was nuts, he thought the Raptor was super cool.

Insider tip: don't mention on the Raptor Forum that your 1986 Landcruiser has fewer rattles on a washboard road than your loaded 2020 Raptor. There was much hate directed toward the "toyota fanboy", I was just asking for some tips on how to reduce rattles. The LC community has a much different feel.

Last edited:
Tandem Island

Build my own system to sideways winch the TI onto the rhino rack. Involves a roof rack (Pioneer Rhino or similar with relative flat surface works), some rhino clips for a ladder to hang of the aluminum tubes and a 3500lbs ATV winch with remote. Zero back breaking lifts or lowering's for that matter. Works awesome!

Further info - Kayaks on rack - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/kayaks-on-rack.1304165/post-14808460

View attachment 3323038
Holy Batman, MacGyver! V nice.

@PatrickBateman Congrats on the HE and welcome back into the fold!

I had a 2020 Raptor. I have to admit, there were many things I liked about that truck (mostly comfort, convenience and fun to drive). However, it sure rattled and squeaked a lot for an offroad specific truck. Ironically we enjoyed it the most on pavement. One Sunday afternoon I talked the wife and kids into a 60 mile loop in the mountains behind our home since we had this deluxe offroad truck. They literally shouted for joy when we finally hit the pavement again and the noises stopped. It started having some tech glitches at about 30k miles, Toyota announced no more LC in the US and I had always wanted one so I traded the Raptor in on a 2021 HE. Trade value on the Raptor was the same as I paid new so that was nice. I think the salesman thought I was nuts, he thought the Raptor was super cool.

Insider tip: don't mention on the Raptor Forum that your 1986 Landcruiser has fewer rattles on a washboard road than your loaded 2020 Raptor. There was much hate directed toward the "toyota fanboy", I was just asking for some tips on how to reduce rattles. The LC community has a much different feel.
lol I mentioned I was Native and used my raptor for hunting and wood cutting like any other truck I owned and the heat I got for my ethnicity and truck use was sad to see 😂

edit: I have used the LX for wood cutting/hauling as well!

IMG_2430.jpeg

Last edited:
lol I mentioned I was Native and used my raptor for hunting and wood cutting like any other truck I owned and the heat I got for my ethnicity and truck use was sad to see 😂

edit: I have used the LX for wood cutting/hauling as well!

View attachment 3324485
Boy that's rediculous, and sad. I'm sorry to hear it. I decided I'm probably not enough of a 'bro' to drive a raptor 🤣

I use my 200 for firewood too!

Good to know! I almost posted this pic as well but thought I might trigger someone! 😂View attachment 3324560
LOL, i think you are safe here. You do what you have to do to get the firewood supply home! I've been spoiled the last 10 years and have been able to harvest dead trees on my own land. Unfortunately last year we had to start procuring elsewhere.
IMG-1054.jpg

LOL, i think you are safe here. You do what you have to do to get the firewood supply home! I've been spoiled the last 10 years and have been able to harvest dead trees on my own land. Unfortunately last year we had to start procuring elsewhere. View attachment 3324564
Awesome!! Usually my wood would be cut and on the trailer but rain was coming and trailer was being borrowed so I had this rush job 😂

I frequently make similar comments on the Tesla forums as well. They're a more understanding bunch though :hillbilly:

This has been a great thread to go along with my morning coffee. I too, had been looking into a new Raptor in recent weeks but I kept going back to my last two F150’s (a 2015 EcoBoost Lariat and a 2017 5.0 Platty). Both trucks were rattle traps after just a year or two and I was only doing paved and dirt road driving, no wheeling whatsoever. Moonroof creaks, door card rattles, Sync 3 glitches, and the Brunello leather on the drivers seat of my platinum was literally disintegrating every time I got in and out of it.

Yesterday I had a check mailed to a dealer in Illinois for my first ever LC. A 2020 HE with 17k miles. Will be going to pick up in a couple of weeks and can not frigging wait!

To me the LC exudes quality, craftsmanship, comfort, capability, and reliability of course.
I also appreciate the image it presents. I’m not really into flaunting how much money I make and as someone else said above, I am definitely not “bro” enough for something like a Raptor anyway 😂

The best analogy I have ever heard comparing these two came from a friend of mine at work who owns both a 200 Series and a Gen 3 Raptor. A Land Cruiser is the automotive equivalent of a Swiss Timepiece. A Raptor is the automotive equivalent of an Apple Watch.

Last edited:
The best analogy I have ever heard comparing these two came from a friend of mine at work who owns both a 200 Series and a Gen 3 Raptor. A Land Cruiser is the automotive equivalent of a Swiss Timepiece. A Raptor is the automotive equivalent of an Apple Watch.

That's spot on.

This has been a great thread to go along with my morning coffee. I too, had been looking into a new Raptor in recent weeks but I kept going back to my last two F150’s (a 2015 EcoBoost Lariat and a 2017 5.0 Platty). Both trucks were rattle traps after just a year or two and I was only doing paved and dirt road driving, no wheeling whatsoever. Moonroof creaks, door card rattles, Sync 3 glitches, and the Brunello leather on the drivers seat of my platinum was literally disintegrating every time I got in and out of it.

Yesterday I had a check mailed to a dealer in Illinois for my first ever LC. A 2020 HE with 17k miles. Will be going to pick up in a couple of weeks and can not frigging wait!

To me the LC exudes quality, craftsmanship, comfort, capability, and reliability of course.
I also appreciate the image it presents. I’m not really into flaunting how much money I make and as someone else said above, I am definitely not “bro” enough for something like a Raptor anyway 😂

Makes me chuckle every time I see a raptor knowing what a tin can it was.

You’re going to love the LC. The feeling of getting into a vehicle, that will take you almost anywhere with out any issues is so peaceful.

My wife still makes fun of me about the 2019 LC I should have never traded. I’ve had a lot of vehicles and the LC is just built different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom