I’m Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Traded my 2019 LC200 for a 2022 Ford Raptor.

Had the Raptor for 5 months and couldn’t take it anymore.

Traded the raptor this morning for this 2021 HE w/3rd row

Happy to be back!!

IMG_1252.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind getting my weekly reality check dose. Tell me about that Raptor.

Assume the Raptor is interesting until things start breaking down.

While all sorts can be argued as to the outcome of the following, it makes me smile owning a Land Cruiser.

The LC200 at 5800lbs it is just a very reliable and capable tank. The very strong frame and body on rubber blocks is just perfect what ever you throw at it. Effectively I am falling in love the more I own and drive it, tow our travel trailer, put the sailing Kayak on top, doing some easy trails, taking it to the beach, go for a long drive etc. etc.

1683946267393.png

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind getting my weekly reality check dose. Tell me about that Raptor.
So I ordered a raptor in 11/2021 and it finally got built 11/2022. Traded my 2019 Lc200 for the Raptor I waited a year a on.

First initial thoughts “wow this is a bad ass truck!”. I leveled the front and threw some Rays Te37xt’s with 12.5x37” tires on it, retrax pro sliding bed cover and whole bunch of other accessories. The look was stunning (black on black murdered out). Every month went by and the rattles and clunks got worse and worse. It was like riding a carnival ride everyday.

2 weeks ago i was informed by the oil change tech that I had a ton of grease splattering everywhere from the passenger front cv axle. The truck had 12k miles on it.

Between the atrocious build quality and unwanted attention the raptor came with, it kept making me think of my 2019 LC200 I never had any issues with. I even checked in on this forum weekly, kicking myself in the butt for the bad decision I made.

2 months ago i was finding myself on autotrader every evening searching for 2018+ LC200’s. I had to find the right one to trade in on. Drove 3.5hrs to pick this HE up and 4.5hrs back due to traffic but i smiles to smiles the whole way! The only thing I will miss on the Ford is the auto lane centering and dynamic cruise to 0mph. Came in handy on long drives. Everything else was a nightmare.

While all sorts can be associated to the outcome of the following, it makes me smile owning a Land Cruiser.

The LC200 at 5800lbs it is just a very reliable and capable tank. The very strong frame and body on rubber blocks is just perfect what ever you throw at it. Effectively I am falling in love the more I own and drive it, tow our travel trailer, put the sailing Kayak on top, doing some easy trails, taking it to the beach, go for a long drive etc. etc.

View attachment 3321536

My 2019 was blizzard pearl with brown saddle interior. I did notice the seats in the 2021 HE are a little stiffer than my previous 2019 I had and doesn’t come with the cool box that I liked.

I did the Raptor thing, twice, never again! My buddy just picked up his Raptor R and won't shut up about it, I am happy for him because he's enamored but I know he simply has a six-figure turd now lol. Welcome back to the fold and congrats on the HE.

I know quite a few people that jumped on the Raptor wagon, every single one of them sold it within a year. 2 had major engine failures.

So I ordered a raptor in 11/2021 and it finally got built 11/2022. Traded my 2019 Lc200 for the Raptor I waited a year a on.

First initial thoughts “wow this is a bad ass truck!”. I leveled the front and threw some Rays Te37xt’s with 12.5x37” tires on it, retrax pro sliding bed cover and whole bunch of other accessories. The look was stunning (black on black murdered out). Every month went by and the rattles and clunks got worse and worse. It was like riding a carnival ride everyday.

2 weeks ago i was informed by the oil change tech that I had a ton of grease splattering everywhere from the passenger front cv axle. The truck had 12k miles on it.

Between the atrocious build quality and unwanted attention the raptor came with, it kept making me think of my 2019 LC200 I never had any issues with. I even checked in on this forum weekly, kicking myself in the butt for the bad decision I made.

2 months ago i was finding myself on autotrader every evening searching for 2018+ LC200’s. I had to find the right one to trade in on. Drove 3.5hrs to pick this HE up and 4.5hrs back due to traffic but i smiles to smiles the whole way! The only thing I will miss on the Ford is the auto lane centering and dynamic cruise to 0mph. Came in handy on long drives. Everything else was a nightmare.

Well buddy thanks for that and yeah, welcome back to the clubhouse. Getting burned on a brand new vehicle is a gut punch experience.

Glad you found an HE. I think it’s worth losing the fridge for the true 5 seat and expensive t bbs wheels. That alone saved you thousands. You gonna do anything to it now?

Keeping good company with Raptors. On the whole, I find the 200-series more capable.

1684008741015.png

I know quite a few people that jumped on the Raptor wagon, every single one of them sold it within a year. 2 had major engine failures.
I owned a 2011 with the 6.2l v8 for 11 years and it was a great, reliable truck. I could never buy into the eco boost motor. My good friend is a Ford mechanic that was constantly tearing them apart to fix the cam phaser issue. He will never own one either.

While all sorts can be argued as to the outcome of the following, it makes me smile owning a Land Cruiser.

View attachment 3321536

That a TI or AI on the roof? You put rollers or something on your rack to help with loading?

I had a gen1 and it was so much fun!! Ran it all over NV, AZ and NM up to 125k with the only problem being a lifter spring failure that was common in the 6.2. The raptor forums were definitely something else lol……

I owned a 2011 with the 6.2l v8 for 11 years and it was a great, reliable truck. I could never buy into the eco boost motor. My good friend is a Ford mechanic that was constantly tearing them apart to fix the cam phaser issue. He will never own one either.
Ha!! I just mentioned this above! Had a 2011 with the 6.2 and was a blast to drive! Was never intrigued by the ego boost either…..

This motivated me to stop looking at trading my '19. Thanks.
You’ll be starting a thread like this if you do.
I had a gen1 and it was so much fun!! Ran it all over NV, AZ and NM up to 125k with the only problem being a lifter spring failure that was common in the 6.2. The raptor forums were definitely something else lol……
Haha! yeah the raptor forum is a trip!!! Definitely different positive vibe here.

That a TI or AI on the roof? You put rollers or something on your rack to help with loading?
Tandem Island

Build my own system to sideways winch the TI onto the rhino rack. Involves a roof rack (Pioneer Rhino or similar with relative flat surface works), some rhino clips for a ladder to hang of the aluminum tubes and a 3500lbs ATV winch with remote. Zero back breaking lifts or lowering's for that matter. Works awesome!

Further info - Kayaks on rack - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/kayaks-on-rack.1304165/post-14808460

1684108503609.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom