If you love something let it go...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And not cruiser related but I stopped by my dad and step moms lake house in Lake Norman. They tore down the old one and rebuilt it to a modern style home and then both moved to Sedona AZ.

The X5 and the 05 NSX is in the garage and the NSX is now a plate storage shelf.

20201208_205416.jpg

U shipping it this month?

U shipping it this month?

No, I need to talk to him and then talk about a discount for you and I if we both ship through him and then talk to you.

Ok. I have a guy out of texas as well. I maybe ready sooner than i thought. 😜ceeleakA time

Ok well talk to your guy as well better to get more quotes.

Mine will most likely be non op

But just look at this sexy key chain.

@jamesurq im available for collaboration doing some nude shoots to promote it.

20201210_145058.jpg

So didn't get it running. I decided to try and knocj loose the lifters or whatever is seized by using deep creep and lightly tapping the pushrod down after reinstalling.

No dice.

Can't wait to tear into it later to find the issue but wasn't going to waste anymore time on it.

Will ship it non op and install the new motor for a few thousand break in miles.

Haven't got any quotes as of yet but I believe so from.what I've read.
Its mainly the other end that will be the issue. My neighborhood is a little tricky to get into and out of with long trailers. Guy who delivered the bronco had to drop off a few blocks away. So ill tow strap it back to the house and then if I get new tires on the bronco ill pull it into the driveway with it.

Non running trucks cost more to ship. At least that is my experience as most that come this way are not running.

Good plan, hate you couldn't get it running. What's your timeframe on the shipping?

Good plan, hate you couldn't get it running. What's your timeframe on the shipping?

Open really

Yeah it got to the point where I had to asess going deeper into it and spending more time and possibly money for an engine that is getting the boot.

Its going to start looking like a Toyota or Aisin parts storage garage here soon with the amount of new parts I ordered over the last few days.

First part arrived today, although it isn't new. Finally tracked down a used dizzy cover. These were stock on all 3fes (80s not sure about 62s) to help keep water off of it during crossings, but most were discarded long ago as people didn't want to take the time to reattach. Could have used one years back at the OBX (@jfz80 here is your chance to use.that picture of me almost being towed again lol) been on the look out for one for a while know and finally found one down in OR.

20201217_124707.jpg

Other new OEM or Asin parts ordered were:
Full OEM tune up kit from witsend thanks again @NLXTACY for checking to see if the fuel filter was included.
Aisin waterpump And T stat
Every OEM heater and coolant hose i could find still available on partsouq. Did this before I realized Joey stocked a few of them also.
Also ordered a complete Ishino Stone gasket set.
My rebuilt motor came with a apex gasket set but they are junk and im not trusting that head gasket on it. A complete OEM gasket set is around $350. Ishino is the company that made the majority of OEM gaskets for the 3fe so I found their kit for $100 on parts geek and ordered that.

Still debating what radiator to use but ill get to that later.

Turbo kit doesn't have a intercooler so ill add one after installation to make sure it all works right. One from a Mitsubishi GSX is supposed to fit well.

So my remand 3fe is being sold this month.

To replace it i'll subtract 1 from that engine and at the same time add 0.2

5cyl or 4.2l something? Why do i feel like this is becoming a diesel swap.

5cyl or 4.2l something? Why do i feel like this is becoming a diesel swap.
Not exactly you're on the right track with one of those though.

To put it another way its as close as a bolt in and go engine swap as you can get on an FJ80

fzj?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom