If you love something let it go...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
blah blah blah something something return to you blah blah blah

Got to thank @CharlestonG8R , Jeremy, @4LowandSlow, G-man, @GarnerFJ40, Brian , @fourtrax, Eric for the heads up and on the sale, truck and trailer rental, and help getting it back here even driving through the monsoon rain that Sally was kicking up. I've been so preoccupied with the wildfires near me I didn't even consider the hurricanes over here for my plans.

More on the truck later. Hasnt moved in a long time. Lots of elbow grease today to clean it up and get it running again.

20200917_171903.jpg
20200917_172537.jpg
20200917_172834.jpg
20200917_172556.jpg
20200917_201601.jpg

Do you need help wrenching on it so you can drive it back to the west coast?

Do you need help wrenching on it so you can drive it back to the west coast?

Not sure..... didn't have much time.to.diagnose anything yesterday.
Most likely it will be shipped when the rally car gets shipped here to Andrew.
Although Brian has expressed interest in driving it over so we will see.
Thanks for the offer though.

Wow, so awesome and why the members of this club are amazing to rally around this operation. Well done, good luck, saving your baby from death, wish I could chip in other than words of support and amazement :cool:

Not sure..... didn't have much time.to.diagnose anything yesterday.
Most likely it will be shipped when the rally car gets shipped here to Andrew.
Although Brian has expressed interest in driving it over so we will see.
Thanks for the offer though.
@GarnerFJ40 i am ready for a cross country trip. 😎

This is so awesome! Congrats, Al! We all knew you'd be back in a 'cruiser one day. We just never thought it would be this one...again!

Nice and Crazy!!!

At least the interior looks clean. Did the buyer just let it sit in the driveway since purchase?

BOOM!

At least the interior looks clean. Did the buyer just let it sit in the driveway since purchase?
Pretty much. He was overwhelmed with life events and didn’t have time to invest in the YetiWagon.

@lt1fire did y'all get her fired up and running again?

Last edited:
Pretty much. He was overwhelmed with life events and didn’t have time to invest in the YetiWagon.

@lt1fire did y'all get her fired up and running again?

No with the rain on Friday and us leaving for a Logan memorial camping trip that evening I had a small window. Also Brian is between houses right now so we couldn't track down a compression tester or fuel pressure gauge.
But on Friday I changed the oil and got a constant stream of coolant for about 10 seconds at first and then curdled milk after the oil drained. Couldn't get it to start with fluid so i'm leaning towards the fuel system being all right.
Confirmed spark to the distributor and to the plugs on friday before Lily gave it a bath to remove the baby swamp things growing all over it.

Tuesday when I got back to Raleigh and pulled the plugs. 3 was very wet with coolant when I pulled it out. 2 and four had crystal growths on them and the rest we semi normal for plugs that old.
I had checked the plugs and compression ratio on the truck before I put it up for sale so that is a new development but i'm not too worried about anything right now got other life issues more pressing at the moment.

Got a new fusible link from Fred Anderson but ran out of time before heading to the airport.

I have a known good starter and am going to order up some new wires at the same time for Brian to rule anything out there for the starting issue and then it will be on to checking sensors and other goodness.

So that's how she sits. If @GarnerFJ40 can find some time to diagnose then great, if not then it will be shipped here at some point anyway. @uzj100 we need to find a carrier that can bring it to me and pick up the celica to take back to you or vice versa.

Ordered up some heavy duty wires from a mud member since the ones on there didn't look the greatest.

Also got a new connection block for the fuseable links on order at Fred Anderson.

And I told @GarnerFJ40 if he is too busy with the superstar softball schedule I may work out a deal with @4LowandSlow to do a little digging in exchange for some green paper thingies.... but we will se how that goes first and what my time frame to get it here is.

I didnt take many pics at all this weekend. But these are a few.

20200922_143725.jpg
20200922_143717.jpg
20200922_152837.jpg

Every part I sent down there is still in the rear of the truck where I put it. Spare trans, dual battery kit, random extra parts, etc....

And this

1600902068189.png

1600902108825.png

I have a 2F bottom end waiting on me in Tacoma....... 2FTE sounds nice for a bit and then I have other plans for that engine.

So, he installed the turbo kit you had for a long time, and immediately blew the head gasket? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom