Icon Stage 6 on '16 LC 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am taking a look into upgrading the suspension on a lower mileage 2016 LC 200. I have an opportunity to get an Icon Stage 6 2.5-3.5 setup installed at a solid bargain and was wondering who has experience with this suspension setup and what your ownership experience has been like. My LC has ~40k miles and have waffled back and forth on leaving her stock for the long haul or upgrading the suspension. I don't do any hardcore crawling and the majority of my off-road miles are fire roads and overlanding. I don't mind routine maintenance and have a good relationship with a great shop in town but I can't stand poor reliability and problems.

What's your experience been like and what considerations do I need to take into account?

Based on the multiple instances of upper mounting stud ripping out of the shock body on icon rear shocks, they are in my "run away" category, personally.

Too many failures. I would stick with stock or with your use case go with Dobinsons IMS and put the saved cash into a proper tire inflation system.

Unless you're planning on driving only desert sand dunes, icons ride like garbage compared to other options.

I haven't tried Kings but the absolute best setup I've ever tried on a 200 was a Tundra swap with tundra length BP-51s. They seem to have fixed some of the seal issues they had early on and the ride is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom