I found 2 40's back in the wood

Website
www.auburn.edu
Heard about 2 early fj40 that might be for sell. So I went to check them out. I don't know if they are worth much. I wanted to get imput. old red is a 73 i think. i did not find the vin plate on drivers side. the teal one is sept 70. the bodys look good and bondo less.
P4020009.jpg
P4020010.jpg
P4020011.jpg

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Heard about 2 early fj40 that might be for sell. So I went to check them out. I don't know if they are worth much. I wanted to get imput. old red is a 73 i think. i did not find the vin plate on drivers side. the teal one is sept 70. the bodys look good and bondo less.

I know someone who would love to get their hands on that PS bracket.:D

The body does look pretty good on the red truck. I can't tell much about the white one. What do the frames look like? Will they roll?

Surprising to see a couple of cruisers in Lee county. I'd love to hear the story on how they wound up there.

Only worth about $5 bucks each.... I'll paypal ya $15 just cuz I like you and I'll be out for them next week... :)

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."
Hi All:

Looks to be plenty of good parts on those two rigs; perhaps even a salvageable body tub and frame.

So, if you can get 'em cheap enough go for it! Neither one is anywhere close to being a running rig, but with some work and $$ definitely possible.

Good luck!

Regards,

Alan

I'm more interested in the tractor beside the red cruiser... is that a Farmall Cub?

Grant --- sure looks like one. The only other possibility would be the "A", but they were a bit bigger. I grew up driving a Cub and the neighbor had the "A" model. The one in the pic even has the hydraulic pump on it. Real "hotrods", a whole 12 HP and max 12 MPH.

I just looked at it again. Yep it's a Cub, too small for the "A".

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
what if he was selling for 1750$

I would talk him down to $500 each and that would be with clean titles. No Salvage titles. I would then take both of them and build one good one. After that one was done I would part the other one out.

Good find

Last edited:
I would dig those leaves out and get a closer look at that red ones body. Looks like a large bondo flake in the first pic/first set of the red one's rocker panel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom