I found 2 40's back in the wood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.auburn.edu
Heard about 2 early fj40 that might be for sell. So I went to check them out. I don't know if they are worth much. I wanted to get imput. old red is a 73 i think. i did not find the vin plate on drivers side. the teal one is sept 70. the bodys look good and bondo less.
P4020009.jpg
P4020010.jpg
P4020011.jpg

Heard about 2 early fj40 that might be for sell. So I went to check them out. I don't know if they are worth much. I wanted to get imput. old red is a 73 i think. i did not find the vin plate on drivers side. the teal one is sept 70. the bodys look good and bondo less.

I know someone who would love to get their hands on that PS bracket.:D

wanna sell me the tail gate doors off that red one?

I'm more interested in the tractor beside the red cruiser... is that a Farmall Cub?

The body does look pretty good on the red truck. I can't tell much about the white one. What do the frames look like? Will they roll?

Surprising to see a couple of cruisers in Lee county. I'd love to hear the story on how they wound up there.

Only worth about $5 bucks each.... I'll paypal ya $15 just cuz I like you and I'll be out for them next week... :)

I'll take the rear emblems if you can get them off :)

oh yeah and a chrome hood strip if still around

Hi All:

Looks to be plenty of good parts on those two rigs; perhaps even a salvageable body tub and frame.

So, if you can get 'em cheap enough go for it! Neither one is anywhere close to being a running rig, but with some work and $$ definitely possible.

Good luck!

Regards,

Alan

I'm more interested in the tractor beside the red cruiser... is that a Farmall Cub?

Grant --- sure looks like one. The only other possibility would be the "A", but they were a bit bigger. I grew up driving a Cub and the neighbor had the "A" model. The one in the pic even has the hydraulic pump on it. Real "hotrods", a whole 12 HP and max 12 MPH.

I just looked at it again. Yep it's a Cub, too small for the "A".

I would dig those leaves out and get a closer look at that red ones body. Looks like a large bondo flake in the first pic/first set of the red one's rocker panel?

Those don't happen to be near the GA line do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom