I can't take this anymore... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was about to go look at that one too! I've got my fj62 and my wife's 06 LX 470 so I decided to get a "sporty family mobile"...TT V8 X5. I love it, but now I want to sell it and get a 100 series that I can lightly build. Nothing wrong with having three cruisers right?! Anyways, you know this new Georgia vehicle tax has killed the private market. In order to get any of my taxes paid back I have to trade at a dealership. Not to many dealerships have the trucks you and I are looking for. There's a white 2005 in sandy springs but they want $18k

Here's a locked '99 with 210+ miles for $7900. http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4720727752.html

Been meaning to get down to take a look at it. The bumpers are all messed up somehow, but it might be a good way to get them to drop the price a bit more. You'd be ripping them off anyway.:D

You'll have to do some snow wheelin' with us if you decide to come out this way.

Good luck with the search.

:cheers:

I could have sold you mine. Should have been ready 8 weeks ago!!! Mine was prepared to be wheeled harder than most.

A cruiser addict will always need his fix. Glad you're back Nick

they are out there. I just scored a 2000 lc with 191K for 5K from Austin CL. It does have hail damage and bumper damage and a not so nice interior but will be great for a trail rig :)

If you're up for finding one in the DFW area let me know...there were a good list on CL the last few weeks.

they are out there. I just scored a 2000 lc with 191K for 5K from Austin CL. It does have hail damage and bumper damage and a not so nice interior but will be great for a trail rig :)

This. I've found plenty here in Texas lately, but with fuel prices going down, that's not gonna help.
Clearly, you can do the work, but I would encourage a look at the Houston and Dallas Craigslists...lots of good inventory as of late.

FYI, I'm not shocked your back. One of the things I've told others that was a 'surprise' about getting value from my LC is that it's surprising how bad the roads are in metro areas these days. Small municipalities have to bear the cost of keeping their roads in good shape and cities just aren't making the tax receipts with the economy down. As a result, I drive through neighborhoods where I get the absolute most out of my 4wd due to the enormous cracks in pavement and potholes. It gets worse when construction vehicles send tractor trailers over payment that is already broken. As a result, hitting a crack in the pavement at 45 can send a luxury sedan into a repair shop.

I'd love to go off road more, but considering how bad the roads are where I live, I get all the concrete jungle I can stand.

Welcome back!

Welcome back Nick.

Can't wait to see what you get and what you do with it.

Some of your old threads are classic!

stop dicking around and get an 80

stop dicking around and get an 80

X2.
Like you said, you've already got a car for going to work. Might as well get one for excelling offroad. No use making another ifs mild wheeler imo.

...via IH8MUD app

X2.
Like you said, you've already got a car for going to work. Might as well get one for excelling offroad. No use making another ifs mild wheeler imo.

...via IH8MUD app

I have only driven one built 80 and it was a '93 on 44's and stock gearing. Do you mind if I take yours for a spin? I feel an 80 would be better but I want the 100 for the V8...

I have only driven one built 80 and it was a '93 on 44's and stock gearing. Do you mind if I take yours for a spin? I feel an 80 would be better but I want the 100 for the V8...

yeah I wouldn't base your 80 opinion on 44s and 4.10s haha, that's probably slower than a 1F 40. I'm sure you can have a go in Aidan's sometime during the weekend when he's home.

...via IH8MUD app

Here's a locked '99 with 210+ miles for $7900. http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4720727752.html

Been meaning to get down to take a look at it. The bumpers are all messed up somehow, but it might be a good way to get them to drop the price a bit more. You'd be ripping them off anyway.:D

You'll have to do some snow wheelin' with us if you decide to come out this way.

Good luck with the search.

:cheers:
I looked at that one and it has more than the bumpers going on, rust on the roof above the windshield both sides, tailgate rusted, wouldn't start and the owner argued with me about how there is no need to change the timing belt because it has a change. Oh and it supposedly has a CO title, but Minnesota plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom