I am moving back. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today is the 10th and we just cancelled out reservations for the hotel stay for our closing which was to occur on Friday the 13th - go figure. The sellers have fooked this all up. We are going to have to pay to extend our mortgage approval - a fee that will be passed on to the sellers. I am not even sure that closing is going to happen at all. Hard to explain the hiccup but the issue is that the house we are trying to buy belongs to a realtor who listed it herself and she is working the deal for the neighboring shop but had not done her due diligence. I see a law suit in our future for breach of contract. And no place to live. The wife is of course more positive.

Well Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

That sucks man. Sounds like one of those "see what had happend was..." kind of deals.

Hopefully it will all work out, and at least she is more positive, Erin would be standing on her porch wanting to know when the guest room would be ready for us to move in. :)

The panic hit me at 0330. We were supposed to be going on vacation but that is probably going to get canceled. We were scheduled to meet a painter and tile guy Friday after closing. Our movers are scheduled for the 14th. If this falls through we have no place to live....but here in VA since this house has had very few showings. And I have to report to work on January 21. The logistics are now blown.

MH will not drive Betsy or pull a trailer so we have to figure that out now too.

The lender of the property with the shop on it is not communicating with our closing attorney. We refuse to buy the house without the shop for several reasons. The biggest is that they share a septic. We are not going to share a septic with a neighbor. One would be nuts to do so.

We are in this pretty deep. We had inspections, put money down and had to have a survey. This is the sellers agent's fault and she happens to be the homeowner. She has also tried to manipulate some things and lied to our agent yesterday as damage control to try to convince us to close only on the house.

Also, we have friends who offered to let us stay at their place in GA ....they just got an offer on their house so that is blown.

might be time to visit lgl shop....but I assume you may have some coverage in the process by the bank or whomever your finance POC is.

So the house is one deal, the shop is not part of the house but is owned by a 3rd party. based on the picture seemed like those are really close in proximity. What about the title search and your realtor's responsibility.

CYA time...

I believe each state or maybe county has a reality lic. board.... where complaints can be filed regarding a realtor's actions. Of course not knowing the entire story....given the $$/risk it may be just time to go to the lgl shop.

Last edited:
Sounds like a mess brother. I have no advice but I can and will pray for a favorable outcome for you and your family. I had a situation near to that when I got transferred to Colorado. Housing said yea go ahead and bring your family we have plenty of housing available. Needless to say on post housing was full up, like to never found an apartment. We lived in a hotel for a few weeks, was not fun. Anyway good luck and I will pray it works out.

Sweet mother, that is messed up. I don't know exactly, but I am kinda like Elbert I thought the shop was part of the deal, now they are trying to say that it isn't on the property? And she owned the house, but that house also shared a septic with a shop that she did not own? This definitely sounds pretty FUBAR'd.

I am no where near to either location and as Rocky said, we will keep you and MH in our prayers as this is no bueno. I am typically not the guy to go legal, but this sounds like if they don't get things sorted and fast, there will be real damages that will be justified and in need of recovery in this case.

Damn, FUBAR this whole deal really sounds like it s*** the bed. Keep me posted if you need yard storage or basement space.
Best of luck to the Heifer Clan.
:beer:

Thanks all. I tried to simplify it for the masses on here. Our agent is doing a bang up job. The owner of the house is also the listing agent (Keller Williams). She is being unprofessional and manipulative but she is over a barrel. She is trying to buy something and it is contingent on the sale of the house we are trying to buy. We always knew the shop was not on the property bu what we learned during inspection was that the septic is attached to the shop.

See, the entire tract was a large family plot. 16 acres or something. The house we are trying to buy was divided from the property when the guy who ran the motorcycle shop closed it and moved. He is the son of the nice people who are selling us the shop. We obviously want the shop - not only because it is bad ass - but becasue of its proximity to the house and its connection to the septic. The septic is a drip system so it actually has power to it as well which is connected to a breaker in the shop.

Confusing for sure. At any rate, things got traction again and we MAY be closing on the 27th but I am not sure about that either. The owner/agent of the house is unprofessional, made mistakes, tried to cover it up and now wants to blame everyone else.

Man, real estate is a different animal. Erin wa sin underwriting for a while and brokers and agents must have a class on how to shed blame, because she would get blasted by the brokers for their mistakes... actually the main reason she left that position.

Good luck man, hope to hear your popping a cold one soon.

I've always thought that real estate was one of the most poorly regulated in the sense of the business rules and the way in which business is done. Its very similar to both parties in a legal action having the same lawyer, guess who's interests are served? Not saying its this way all the time but it sure can be. There is zero incentive to drive the price to a point of "reason", there is every incentive to drive the price upward or not move at all, given the way in which people are paid in a real-estate transaction, and thats on both sides of the fence in the context of the transaction. Hope things work out.

The latest resolution is that we close on the shop remotely on the 20th. (It is a garage - we know what we are getting). Then close on the house on the 27th in person following a walk through on the 26th. We are waiting to hear if this is acceptable. It was the seller's suggestion.

After a little luck and hard work by :princess: and out realtor from Hardy, our closing is now on for December 27. Should be no issues at this point ... maybe.

Good news. Sounds like you have a good realtor in your corner.

Postponed again. The buyer of the house that has the septic and shop still has not closed. We lose our loan on Tuesday so we gave them an extention until then. In the meantime we found a house to rent should it all fail Monday or Tuesday.

We were told that they had closed on the 20th and found out Thursday whe we hit the GA line they had not.

We have misgivings about signing the extention and wish we had not. It would have simplified things and saved us thousands of dollars.

Wtf dude...

That is not cool.

We still have not closed. We have 17 hours left and we are bailing and going to rent something. We are out of time to keep screwing around with this.

very disappointed. We really wanted a mega garage and a shooting range.

Dang, that sucks. At this point, and based in history, I wouldn't hold my breath. I would probably file a complaint with the GA realtors association on the seller as this whole deal is basically their fault for not doing their job...

Good luck on the hunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom