I am moving back. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fingers crossed this one goes mo'betta

:princess: just left to return the cable boxes. Movers are to finush today and we will be GA bound this afternoon.

Y'all find a spot to crash for a few til you sort out the rest?

Y'all find a spot to crash for a few til you sort out the rest?
Yeah. Staying with friends until tomorrow. Our household goods are getting delivered in the AM to a rental with very little garage space. We have a one year lease we will just buy out if we find the right piece of property. If we build we would not start that until after selling the VA place.
Speaking of, we dropped the price on it last week and have had nary a nibble. :-(

We are soul searching. Maube just stay here 2 years in the rental, retire and move to Asheville. We can not figure it out.

Yeah. Staying with friends until tomorrow. Our household goods are getting delivered in the AM to a rental with very little garage space. We have a one year lease we will just buy out if we find the right piece of property. If we build we would not start that until after selling the VA place.
Speaking of, we dropped the price on it last week and have had nary a nibble. :-(

We are soul searching. Maube just stay here 2 years in the rental, retire and move to Asheville. We can not figure it out.

hear there's good beer in Asheville, all that matters.

I know you might go for the gold and get your high 3 on retirement, but do what you must. I know for my own plan, it looks like I'll be around the coalmine for another 10 years or so, pending any multi-million lottery wins. It's going to be a great feeling when that magic day rolls around, where I can say...."take this job and >>>>>it".... and check out.

Meeting with a builder tomorrow. Decision time soon. We have to go back to Bristol this weekend to fix a door and clean the house. Our realtor is doing an open house the following week. After that it will be looking for the government buy back. Glad it is an option. The house has only shown 4 times in 3 months.

Did all the pot heads relocate to north GA since you left?

Yep, paperwork will be the end of us all...

One of the stupid things at work is I have to turn in my phone when I move offices. I had Atlanta port my number over to.my new phone and sent the old one back to Roanoke. They, of course, had the number shut down. That is today's battle.

Phone is back up.
And....
We have a contract on the Bristol house.
Not what we hoped for but at least it is a step toward liquidating it.

The buyers of the Bristol house are having an open house on their place today. Hopefully they get some traffic. Our contract is contingent on their sale but we think their house is in the right nitch to sell quickly.

In other news, we have a gentleman's agreement on a house a former coworker is selling. Big house with 3 car garage on 35 acres. It is pretty secluded but just minutes from my office. Looking to get it contracted shortly for a June 1 closing. This may be the last move folks.

Also, I am getting an estimate from Morton Buildings for a big shop. (I am certain it will be well over budget.)

Gotta wear shades.......

Congrats on the new place. Everything happens for a reason, hate you had to endure all the garbage, but glad it looks like it's all gonna work out.

Also, we got a quote from Morton on our shop, it was more than double what we paid. I'd ask around the office, surely someone around there knows someone. To be honest, if you can find a metal supplier, they usually have guys that can quote you on the erection too.

Good to know, Matthew. I am expecting it will be ridiculously expensive. I spoke to my buddy the custom home builder about it and he could probably just build a stick building for me for half. I have considered doing it myself but I don't want to deal with the inspectors.

The Morton "people" have a plant/warehouse just south of me , near Hanceville, AL.

I got the quote. Stupid high. Basically 34 x 48 w 14 foot eaves I think would have been all in around 120k. I am not buildting a house! I am not sure how they stay in business. I started looking at some traditional metal build yourself buildings. I may just go stick built and have someone do it.

Occassionally I consider selling the heard but realize I would be pretty bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom