I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SharpeCat try Belmetric for fasteners, everything I’ve gotten there has been quality, including stuff for my RC truck. They also have true metric vacuum hose for our 1:1 trucks.

I’m going to say I’m NOT in for a 1:8 truck. I live in a small house with a full garage and rent a shop to work on my 60 - that’s full too. When I say full, I mean boxes stacked on boxes. Not quite “hoarder” but approaching it. Is there any way to scale the parts down to 1:12 or 1:14? If not don’t worry about it!

@SharpeCat try Belmetric for fasteners, everything I’ve gotten there has been quality, including stuff for my RC truck. They also have true metric vacuum hose for our 1:1 trucks.

I’m going to say I’m NOT in for a 1:8 truck. I live in a small house with a full garage and rent a shop to work on my 60 - that’s full too. When I say full, I mean boxes stacked on boxes. Not quite “hoarder” but approaching it. Is there any way to scale the parts down to 1:12 or 1:14? If not don’t worry about it!
I can scale it down to any size for a display model; the difficult part which we will figure out in long run, is to scale it while keep it compatible with adequate electronics.

And the fasteners too.

Don’t worry boss I will figure something out for you.

Looks like it’s about 55cm long, so it is on the small side for a 1:8 scale. Much smaller footprint than my Kraton 6s that is also 1:8.

I can ship yours preassembled, to save you from needing assembly space, as an option as well.

Last edited:
You are doing some awesome work! Would absolutely love a FJ-45 pickup whenever you have one that's not spoken for.

Here ya go. What else ya need? Need one with body actually off?
F54DC4C6-AB92-4E31-BFB5-4804D3B20809.jpeg
AEB0D81B-7DE2-417D-B811-6980F7B615C4.jpeg
692975D3-62C6-491E-9AFB-6D061875C0E5.jpeg
800BEAE5-5A8D-4A71-9753-511F75937B1F.jpeg
1C433AA2-AF6C-4705-9436-1BFC472555A9.jpeg
5C413B36-288B-4C98-9C04-9B5C5A0DFF31.jpeg
714D39E5-BFBA-4BD1-AE17-3D46E6397EE9.jpeg
9C6FD35D-ECD3-4746-B0DF-C998D7D700F9.jpeg
FE9C445D-BEA1-47BE-86ED-F8F41A940E44.jpeg
C10EDBDD-0053-4864-9BB4-4A0EF00AA4C5.jpeg

Few more.
35205703-2E68-4B1C-9DE1-339A80E36CFC.jpeg
0C0E0739-2CF4-45D4-8B8C-200B80BFA745.jpeg
6D4BB223-859F-4A26-8D9E-EC8BDF646B3C.jpeg
1F92321E-CD34-47B7-A9CF-BD7B37292D4E.jpeg

I’m trying to get organized and plan out my Print Que for this week/month.Seems the only and easiest way to do this is to make the full 40s, and then 45 as a add on package.

I tried splitting up the 40s kit to remove obsolete parts after 45 conversion, and it’s just a massive amount of work as it requires running all the files through slicer software/reorganizing build plates all over for hundreds (eventually thousands when you factor in other models); Versus just printing the build plates I already have. That and I like the idea of equipping you guys with all the parts needed to go back and forth; you will have spare parts in the form of a 40 for your 45, and vice versa.

And because of limited colors in the preferred materials (Performance PLA for the extra tensile strength versus cracking and snapping, and carbon fiber for the parts that the rigidity benefits from - gears, shafts etc). When I run out of carbon fiber PLA I have a healthy supply of carbon fiber petg, which will be even more rigid. The green and orange PLA plus are my base colors/preferred filament, so I have plenty of those.

I also emailed a few fasteners manufacturers and filled them in on my needs, and I will work on emailing electronics manufacturers as well. Forgot about Belmetric til just now, I’ll send them an email as well!

The pieces are slowly coming together boys! It’s going to be a busy month for me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do what you gotta do @SharpeCat and were here to help as you need. I can’t imagine figuring all that out!!

Nice! You are doing great work!

@glennjenn this is only white I have currently. It is a dim glow in the dark white. Should be able to paint over it no problem.

That’s the roll cage and seats. I am tuning for other colors this month as well.

Another update for the first FLEET of FJ40s; I will be wrapping up chassis today and begin Body tomorrow.

Suspension is after a week of making body parts.

Big month!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I found my stock of white, only problem is it’s in 3mm filament; printers are built for 1.75 nowadays. I just finished rebuilding the hotend and extruders on 2 machines, and am tuning, calibrating and testing 3mm now. This will take time; and some trial and error.

Lots of good stuff upstairs if I can get good at working with 3mm. Here is a couple test prints in Vase mode (easiest mode to print due to not needing retractions), using MatterHackers Quantum PLA (also called Magic PLA).

An FJ40 version that changes colors as it passes you by ;)? Yes Please.

Anyways, 3mm filament and bigger nozzles will result in thick and strong parts, but not as good on details on very small parts. We will slowly incorporate it into our builds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
just woke up from my nap to find these waiting on build plate! Everyone needs a 3D printer so they can wake up to Christmas every nap they take! I do plan on making a 3D printing section soon, to help mudders get started. I am an volunteer but also authorized reseller for a few manufacturers/can operate most printers out there. Just let me know if you need some help and ill be glad to assist on that front.

Anyways, i main an iPhone 8 so most photos are from that; many things may look better in person!

I do have some better cameras for the more formal photos, for later as we get closer to finishing. Maybe some glamour shots of the fleet together for the first time, before we ship them off; who knows how long before they are all reunited again/how long before the 10 mudders actually do an RC meet somewhere. Maybe I’ll host one!

Anyways, back to not getting ahead of my/ourselves: this is build plate #5 out of 36 for the first Fleet of FJ40s; soft top edition.

More body parts incoming, I’ll throw in the Bonnets today (we call them Hoods).

Also, I have began experimenting with ABS parts, so expect some ABS to get thrown into the mix where it makes sense to do so. KVP sent me a bunch in Voron Red and Black; and let me pay later! Good peoples over there.

Last photo is so you don’t confuse the silk white with the silk silver, as my camera and lighting makes them look more similar in some shots, than they actually are.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Not everyone made it through yesterday.

But the ones that did look pretty darn good, only 1 BIG mistake I noticed; I changed temperatures mid print to test something, and that caused the color shift. Silk is more susceptible to that than most other filaments I’ve tried. I will re run the entire batch, so we are still at plate #6 out of 36. Nothing worthy comes easy boys.

And I was going to wait until I had more pieces to share, but let’s just say the 3mm test print is going GREAT.

So I am learning scaling in addition to working with 3mm/big nozzles, if the last photo didn’t spell it out enough for you.

9B48F6A2-8CFB-48F1-9456-F4B73AB80313.jpeg

F17FE958-4C97-41D8-B368-E6F8C5D2550C.jpeg

9CD1A354-F3CA-4BDA-9958-EBED85A1C81E.jpeg

A6FAC7A4-D3A3-432E-9D15-6E54D378B957.jpeg

EBD46F1E-3F0D-4D06-80DD-5F45F6030CA7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom