hydro Breaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done this to their 80s? Seems like a great way to get better breaks and make some more room in the engine bay.

@baldilocks has a great write up on his brake set up. It has everything you need to know

My set up

00F1DD44-E067-4F40-BF15-BFAC94E6428E.jpeg

123D0156-383F-4E44-A558-620F1323992E.jpeg

7E0C700C-AA8C-4D25-B311-E9020FFAF579.jpeg

F07920D2-1FDB-4810-A18C-1081AD9AEBF4.jpeg

DDB5E974-A460-4B8A-9743-F34C89D94A0A.jpeg

I just finished that thread by Baldilocks and saw you in there chiming in! Thanks for the pics.
Looks like you kept the ABS? Do you just need to make that bend to end that tube?
You follow what others had done?
You happy with it?

There is no reason not to convert to a hydro-booster. No more long, mushy feeling pedal stroke, shorter stopping distance and no more costly than using new oem parts or maybe cheaper in some cases.

Heyo
Thank you for that write up! I know nothing about all this stuff and am stoked when someone puts in the time to give us all some great spoon fed info.
I am definitley doing it! Probably have some questions when I really get into it. I have already left a message with Matt.
I have a fj55 body with the 80 chasiss and while I'm there..., and I dont have a booster, so...
yeah!

I just finished that thread by Baldilocks and saw you in there chiming in! Thanks for the pics.
Looks like you kept the ABS? Do you just need to make that bend to end that tube?
You follow what others had done?
You happy with it?
I’m happy with it. It took Matt several months to get my parts. But it all worked well.
what do you mean about the bend? I had to source some adapter brake lines from Autozone.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hydroboost breaks, I mean brakes 😎

Steve, aka Baldilocks, was a great inspiration and help. One of the best mods I ever did......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom