Husky or WeatherTech Floor Mats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes. I put a small screw in the spot for the clip that is non existent on my 94 and that solved the front sliding around. I also heated them with the heat gun once in place and they laid into the corners and over the dead pedal better. The second row mat is terrible in one word. I haven't fooled with it to try and keep in one place. Some velcro would do wonders I am sure. But the cupped sides have flopped in. I have 4 kids going in and out of the back seats all the time, so the second row gets a lot of abuse.

wow, totally different then my experience with weathertech digital liners. My 97 has husky and they are so so, fairly sloppy fit. My 94 has weathertech digitals front and center, they are fantastic. I don't even recall mine having cupped sides that are able to flop in. I will have to take a better look tomorrow.

Why does this even matter? Do you guys not wear driving slippers whilst Cruising the Land? I do. Damn right. Ol' Slipperfoot is what they call me.

If your boots are that caked with sludge or whatever else would be stuck, you gotta get those off in order to properly drive the rhinoceros.

The pristine interiors alone on these trucks are going for $5000. If I need to haul messy stuff around, I call Uncle Taco. He's a super reliable.

So no on the slippers? Sheesh... tough crowd...

I actually use the mats and slippers. Heaven forbid my nice furry slippers get any dirt on them and I can't have my truck get any lint on it either:)

I like my weather techs. Front fit fine, no issues with moving around. Middle row isn't perfect coverage but it keeps the mud from the kids off the carpet...now if it only extended up the seat back.

I generally wear my puma driving sandals, no slippers here :)
Sandals count as slippers. Very little foot protection with a sole. Sort of how bib overalls count as a shirt in many circles. :)

Anyone have a web-link to these? On the Husky and Weathertech websites, they link to generic mats, not fitted specifically to the land cruiser.

Matts, no clue, don't use 'em. LINERS, WeatherTech laser measured. No issues.

I know these aren't as fancy as the others mentioned, but I have these in both of my trucks and they have held up well and if you trim them a bit, they fit pretty well. They also hold a good amount of road scuntz in the winter and they are easy to shake out or wash. The price is appealing too for the cheapskates among us(me). The brown looks fine in the '94 with brown and cloth. To me, if it's made out of rubber and it says Goodyear on it, it will likely be decent. Same way I think about things that are supposed to stick and 3M.

Goodyear 4 Pc. Premium Rubber Mat Set - Black by Goodyear at Fleet Farm

@Red Merle , thanks I believe I will go with these!

I'm actually a little bit disappointed with my WTs. They tend to slip around and the fit isn't perfect. I like the velcro idea though.
If these were $100 less, I'd have no complaints but for the price I paid for floor mats, I expected more.

I like the TRD rubber mats in my wife's 5th gen 4rnr better and they were only $50. :/

@Red Merle , thanks I believe I will go with these!
They do a fine job. If you really want to get high tech, you could probably glue a few chunks of the hook side of velcro to the bottom and they would never move. I have one set that is already ten years old and it just started to get a little crack in the bottom of the driver's side. I think a little Shoe Goo will fix that right up.

My Husky mats are at least 5 years old and curled along the edges. The driver's front mat is so bad it sometimes get stuck under the throttle.

I got some weather techs for my 92. The laser precision fit ones for front and back seats. I had the same issue where the box they were shipped in gave them some bending memory and needed some heat and time to get right.
As for the rear second row on my 92 it didn’t fit perfectly around the front seatbelts so I complained and got them for free. Needless to say I was happy with that and ordered the cargo mat too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom