How to measure lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, dick hat on.

Where does it say 'Guys I searched but didn't find it' in the OP? (ref post#14) Got to qualify your position, then attitude can be worn on sleeve.

Things like common courtesy, mutual respect, went out of fashion longtime ago. It's the "all about me" generation, don't give a :censor: about anyone else! :hillbilly:

Sorry guys I just asked a simple question and received a smartass response so I gave it back a little. Didn't realize everyone would be so bent out of shape over it. I already stated that I would search further. Been on this forum for years and have never had this issue but apparently times are changing. Simple questions that could easily be overlooked by most everyone on this thread only illicit a smartass reply. Which i am more than fine with but apparently it's a one way street and you can't reply back. To be honest I have never responded to someone's post with a smartass reply like search is your friend or look in the fsm without offering something of value as well. I always provide a valid response and if it is something that has been discussed in depth I may say " try searching etc" to point them in the right direction. Lately it seems as though the forum is becoming an easy place for people to withhold knowledge and only reply with smartass comments so i am a little irritated by it . I personally would never tell someone that reached out for help to look it up in the fsm or search as my only response. To be honest it's comes across as rude. I try to respond to everyone on here with something of value for their post if I can offer it. I also try to address them as if we were speaking in person. Maybe the original responder wasn't trying to be rude and if so then I apologize. I just thought it was a very simple question that someone could easily answer as a few of yall did. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I really thinki it's a stain on this forum when people have the choice to respond with value or be smartasses and choose the smartass route. Maybe I'm weird. And it is true, common courtesy has been lost and replaced with internet smartasses and tough guys. Typically I just ignore the smartasses but i didn't today. Probably would have been the better choice but at least i gave you guys some entertainment for the day.

Ok, I took measurements and found that all four measure 24.5 inches from center hub to bottom of fender. So 4.5 inch lift or so. I tried the fsm recommendation from the post and I must have different bump stops because it wasnt even close. The 20 inch suggestion seems to work. Funny thing is that I searched further and while I did find another post about this topic, no one in that post responded with get a fsm as an answer to the question. But hey what do I know. I guess times truly have changed on this forum.

Lift Height - How to measure?

Ok, I took measurements and found that all four measure 24.5 inches from center hub to bottom of fender. So 4.5 inch lift or so. I tried the fsm recommendation from the post and I must have different bump stops because it wasnt even close. The 20 inch suggestion seems to work. Funny thing is that I searched further and while I did find another post about this topic, no one in that post responded with get a fsm as an answer to the question. But hey what do I know. I guess times truly have changed on this forum.

Measuring from the top of the axle spring perch to the bottom of the bump stop, plus the amount the bump stop is extended, minus the amount of travel provided in the FSM. When I do this it is pretty accurate to what my spring lift amount is, provided the truck is on flat ground.

personally I use a stock height of 20.5 which would indicate a 4" lift. I believe they make a 4" lift

While the FSM Method is to measure the front from the spring mount, its common here for people to measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the flare. That’s what most measurements are on here. What I want to know, is if there is not a flare to measure off of, what then? Anyone here know how much lower the flare is from the actual fender? I measured my front and with all the weight it’s right at 20 inches to the fender, but measuring it per fsm it’s just over an inch. I have a heavy front end and it’s on OME stock replacement springs so that’s to be expected. By that I’m thinking if you’re flareless you can take about 3/4 inch off to compare. Does that sound about right?

Quiz of the day.... trimmed my front fenders and measured 28" how much lift do I have or better question... how much did I trim my fenders??

Quiz of the day.... trimmed my front fenders and measured 28" how much lift do I have or better question... how much did I trim my fenders??
:popcorn: 9"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom