How To Make The Best FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not done yet. Check in the Diesel Section - "Another 1HZ into a '77 FJ40" and under the High Desert Cruisers clubhouse forum - "Putting the Mojo back in Bad Mojo"

He beat me to it.

So....did the 1HZ ever get put in this FJ40??

If so, what type of fuel efficiency are you getting out of it as a DD??

Post up updates please if the truck is still alive.

Best-

My build is going slower than I would like do to school, but my bellhousing arrives in from Australia soon, so I will be able to get more done on this project. I will work to update this thread as I get more done.

Jeff, if you are planning on picking up Barry's 1HZ drivetrain combo you'll be miles ahead of a lot of other people considering the same swap.

subzali said:
Jeff, if you are planning on picking up Barry's 1HZ drivetrain combo you'll be miles ahead of a lot of other people considering the same swap.

Getting a complete drivetrain will be a huge help otherwise you are tracking down parts for a while.

My dream 40 would be exactly what I have done to my 74 but with a Cummins 4bt under the hood connected to a 5 speed tranny. I currently have a 3 speed tranny with the F engine. Probably would put some taller gears in her also to keep the rpm.s down on the freeway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom