How to get peak AC performance from your 2003+ 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay I finished wiring it up and have no power. Grounded to the bolt holding going into the bare metal in the footrest area, below the switch box. I did the piggyback fuse on a 10a on the second row. Does it need more then 10amp? Any other help would be great

Okay I finished wiring it up and have no power. Grounded to the bolt holding going into the bare metal in the footrest area, below the switch box. I did the piggyback fuse on a 10a on the second row. Does it need more then 10amp? Any other help would be great

Do you have the fuse tap pointing the right way? It does not need more than 10 amps.

Did you double check that fuse slot has power when key is turned? Is your switch wired correctly?

Do you have the fuse tap pointing the right way? It does not need more than 10 amps.

Did you double check that fuse slot has power when key is turned? Is your switch wired correctly?
Switch is wired 1:1 2:2 3:3. I have the fuse wire facing up into the dash, I will try turning it over.

flipped over the fuse and it turned right on. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi im from Dubai UAE , My Lc 2002 facing same ac compressor cut off issue from last 1 year and in last the Compressor Siezed. My 2002 LC is with factory condensor fan. But when in traffic Or idle with 51c (128.8F) the compressor cut off the fan stops and ac blow hot air. So Replace the compressor and planned to install another Fan and gave connection from the 1st factory Fan. Now both fan work together when
ac compressor is On. But same issue Compressor and fan cut off and on and off when idle and blow hot air. After watching this thread next plan is to setup the 2nd fan to manual switch and hope this solve the problem.
2EA5E49E-9879-468C-8ED8-2E98B24AF4E1.jpeg

@Akhn Do you have a way to read engine temperature? If the engine is on the verge of overheating, the ECU will also shut down the AC compressor. If engine temps are high, check your fan clutch. You can also swap out the fan clutch fluid to 'activate' sooner.

@Akhn Do you have a way to read engine temperature? If the engine is on the verge of overheating, the ECU will also shut down the AC compressor. If engine temps are high, check your fan clutch. You can also swap out the fan clutch fluid to 'activate' sooner.
In dash the temperature needle is always on half . When idle the compressor Continues playin cut off/ thn on for 2 sec and again Off.
When LC start moving then compressor is On and Ac works perfectly.
If i connect the second Aux fan manual will it solve my problem?

That sounds like airflow through the radiator issue to me. The engine temperature needle is buffered and will not move until it's very hot, and advance to the red zone. It's not a suitable real-time indicator of actual temp.

x2, the dash temperature needle is not accurate enough. Does anybody from UAE use a ScanGauge? I only ask because it may or may not be compatible with your OBD2. I do not believe a 2nd aux fan will solve your problem.

Also search "AC diagnostic check" and see what codes come up.

x2, the dash temperature needle is not accurate enough. Does anybody from UAE use a ScanGauge? I only ask because it may or may not be compatible with your OBD2. I do not believe a 2nd aux fan will solve your problem.

my Lc is US spec. I will try to get scangauge and check AC diagnostic tomorrow.

That sounds like airflow through the radiator issue to me. The engine temperature needle is buffered and will not move until it's very hot, and advance to the red zone. It's not a suitable real-time indicator of actual temp.
Next work to check
- T stat ( its look in good shape)
- engine temp sensor
- fan clutch oil swap

Hi im from Dubai UAE , My Lc 2002 facing same ac compressor cut off issue from last 1 year and in last the Compressor Siezed. My 2002 LC is with factory condensor fan. But when in traffic Or idle with 51c (128.8F) the compressor cut off the fan stops and ac blow hot air. So Replace the compressor and planned to install another Fan and gave connection from the 1st factory Fan. Now both fan work together when
ac compressor is On. But same issue Compressor and fan cut off and on and off when idle and blow hot air. After watching this thread next plan is to setup the 2nd fan to manual switch and hope this solve the problem.
View attachment 2373837
Sounds like a bad speed sensor in your compressor. Does it work fine when idling in park or neutral? does it also work when your rpms are above idle?

And only dies when you're in D or R and stopped?

Sounds like a bad speed sensor in your compressor. Does it work fine when idling in park or neutral? does it also work when your rpms are above idle?

And only dies when you're in D or R and stopped?
I Just replaced the compressor but same issue.
Ac work perfect when driving. Only the problem when its idle(parked) with ac on compressor will cut off after around 3 mins when Outside temp is 51c. But normally when Outside temp is below 35c compressor will stay ON for longer period then it will cut off .

How to do "AC diagnostic check"its Nav screen built in Ac system

Next work to check
- T stat ( its look in good shape)
- engine temp sensor
- fan clutch oil swap

When you say the t-stat "looks good", what do you mean? I would recommend either testing it per the factory service manual or just replacing it with a new OEM unit.

I Just replaced the compressor but same issue.
Ac work perfect when driving. Only the problem when its idle(parked) with ac on compressor will cut off after around 3 mins when Outside temp is 51c. But normally when Outside temp is below 35c compressor will stay ON for longer period then it will cut off .

Denso unit or aftermarket?
I've had the worst luck using another but denso on Toyotas.

God, I wish I could use one of these kits. My 06 LC has a big aftercooler in front of the a/c condenser. In C. america, it gets darn hot, and at low speeds the A/C barely cools. Very disappointing. There just isn't enough room up front for a fan. My HDJ_80 is Ice cold, but has 2 fans.

@LandCruiserPhil I see that you're listed as out of stock on these on your website. Any sense of when you might have these again. I've noticed my AC struggling a bit when stationary on these high 90's days here and would love to supercharge the system.

Update:
Ac Cutoff when stationary even fan stopped working.

T-stat changed = still same prob
Condenser changed = still same prob
Compressor changed = still same prob
radiator flushed = still sam
Installed 2nd Aux fan = still same prob
6472BC13-A009-42A1-A960-D8626D9C542F.jpeg

Problem Solved
- Replaced Radiator Fan Clutch = 😎👍🏻

Last edited:
Update:
Ac Cutoff when stationary even fan stopped working.

T-stat changed = still same prob
Condenser changed = still same prob
Compressor changed = still same prob
radiator flushed = still sam
Installed 2nd Aux fan = still same prob
View attachment 2380217

Problem Solved
- Replaced Radiator Fan Clutch = 😎👍🏻

Glad you were able to get your issue resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom