How to get peak AC performance from your 2003+ 100 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I got my fan kit from Phil. Thanks. I am going to wire it to come on when the compressor high pressure line reaches 130 degrees F. That should correspond to a high side pressure of about 220. I will use a relay and a clamp on temperature switch.

2570 Thermostat Switch, .5″ Diameter Pipe Mount Cap | Senasys

2570L110.jpg

I will test the circuitry, but won't know how well it works until next Summer.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Well I got my fan kit from Phil. Thanks. I am going to wire it to come on when the compressor high pressure line reaches 130 degrees F. That should correspond to a high side pressure of about 220. I will use a relay and a clamp on temperature switch.

2570 Thermostat Switch, .5″ Diameter Pipe Mount Cap | Senasys

I will test the circuitry, but won't know how well it works until next Summer.
Thanks,
Dave

Cool and very nicely priced temp switch. Use a hair dryer on the temp switch to check out your wiring, switch and fan.

Well, I got my kit all wired up, and it runs great. It's too cold in Chicago to evaluate ac performance, but I'm confident it will help in city traffic which is where I often find myself.
Thanks,
Dave

@LandCruiserPhil , are you still offering these? I noticed my temp gauge creeping up yesterday while idling outside of a house, and my air lost just a bit of the AC 'bite'. Considering I take the pup everywhere with me and leave the truck running for him, this is imperative before it gets too hot this summer. I noticed the site says unavailable as of now. I'm a buyer today if they are available.

@LandCruiserPhil , are you still offering these? I noticed my temp gauge creeping up yesterday while idling outside of a house, and my air lost just a bit of the AC 'bite'. Considering I take the pup everywhere with me and leave the truck running for him, this is imperative before it gets too hot this summer. I noticed the site says unavailable as of now. I'm a buyer today if they are available.

Check your fan clutch. No matter how hot, the temp gauge should never move. The AC getting warmer is pretty normal for prolonged idle at high temps, but the main fan is more than capable of keeping the engine at 190 no matter how hot the outside temp is.

I was curious about the kit as well. I checked your website and see a full blown fan kit for the 80 series, but no brackets for the 100 series.

Any plans to do another spring/summer run of these this year?

Thanks!

Check your fan clutch. No matter how hot, the temp gauge should never move. The AC getting warmer is pretty normal for prolonged idle at high temps, but the main fan is more than capable of keeping the engine at 190 no matter how hot the outside temp is.
Not sure if any movement of the needle is tolerable. I've never noticed a budge in any it my Toyotas but just a tick or two in the LX sitting in the sun idling for a while. This is about as high as it ever got:

20190423_182316.jpg

Aux fan kits 100% Plug N Play*

Changes for 2019

• We now provide the dash panel blank and the fan switch is pre cut and 100% ready to install.

• After running the world out of OEM fan bushing Toyota is making them is small quantities and we are buying everything we can find. We will provide OEM bushings as long as we can.

Our plug N play price was increased by $10

The $10 increase covers
• Increase PayPal fee
• Increase in shipping cost
• Providing an OEM panel blank
• Cutting of the panel blank to fit the switch

2019 100/LX series Aux Fan Plug N PLay $235 includes FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48

We hope to have them live on our web site in the next couple days. If you are reading this and cant wait PM for a couple dollars off. Offer only good for few days until it gets listed on our web site.

* Requires drilling one 5/16" hole and installing 2 crimps for the fan connection.

@MongooseGA
@timdgsr

Not sure if any movement of the needle is tolerable. I've never noticed a budge in any it my Toyotas but just a tick or two in the LX sitting in the sun idling for a while. This is about as high as it ever got:

View attachment 1961783
Could be variance in the thermistor or gauge conversion, since they're usually typically buffered. Would be interesting to see water temp readings if you have an OBD2 reader and app.

Since you asked...

I bought a ScanGauge II and it arrived yesterday. As of today, I was seeing 186-190 while driving and peaked at 198 while letting the truck run outside of a house I was inspecting for about 20 minutes. I'm good with these numbers but will continue to monitor the coolant temps.

The only thing I did since noticing the gauge fluctuate was to burp the coolant system and ended up adding 3qts of coolant to it (yikes, right?) .

I also ordered Phil's aux fan kit and should have that on pretty soon after it arrives. The pup should be pretty appreciative.

Last edited:
Got my fan put in this evening. Was fortunate to have a call with Phil while I fiddled with the placement. Phil, thanks for your time. I really enjoyed our chat!

This is a great kit. Every single thing needed is included, down to the wire rod to fish the wiring through with. I will complete the wiring tomorrow as I lost sunlight and gained swarms of gnats.

Notice: We have purchased all the available switch blank in the Toyota Parts system nationwide. We have 4 or 5 remaining after they are gone you will be required to cut a hole in your current blank plate.

Notice: We have purchased all the available switch blank in the Toyota Parts system nationwide. We have 4 or 5 remaining after they are gone you will be required to cut a hole in your current blank plate.

Was able to find more switch blanks in the Toyota parts system. Aux Fan kits in stacked to the ceiling and ready to ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom