how much did you pay for your SM420? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found some for 200? Is that reasonable?
Thanks
Pablo

That sounds about right. Recently I thought I had found new old stock ones for $650, but apparently they never panned out as the guy never called me back.

Where are the ones for $200? If not too far away I might be interested in picking one up.

I'm probably gonna search until I get closer to $100. Around here I doubt there is much offroader interest since there aren't many rock crawlers here, so I should be able to get it cheap.

Scott,
The yard that I called said that I would have to look at a couple of theirs that they had to confirm everything. It is here in Albuquerque. I am also talking to some hot rod people that might be able to get one from a 1950s era Chevy truck. If I find a couple I will put up a post.
Pablo

I paid $40 for my 1964 SM420. Keep looking. You can rebuild it yourself, it is pretty basic. $200 wold be ok it it was rebuilt though if you don't want to rebuild it yourself. But $200 is a lot for one that needs a rebuild.

I paid $50 for mine and it was out of a '67. Also the guy i bought it from said it had posibly been rebuilt recently.

I got miRe: how much did you pay for your SM420?

Don't forget to look in the big GM 30 - 50 series busses, 2 ton trucks and delivery vans. Some of these have less mileage than pickup trucks of the same vintage and you don't have to jack them up to get underneath and drop the tranny. I got mine out of a 62 bread delivery truck for $50.

I've gotten them for free by pulling them out of neighbors junk. The most I've ever paid at local salvage was $75, it still had rebuilders tags on it...

Hey Chef,
If you (or anyone) would like to help me with what seems to be the hardest part (pun) of this project then I can compesate with a finders fee. Being tied up 8 to 5 M-F makes junk yard searching a real pain. The next few weekends are trouble for me so I would be willing to compensate anyone with a "finders fee."
Pablo

I may also be willing to jump on the finders fee thing. I have the same issue as pablo. I am not having mush luck locally here either. I am near Atlants, I would think I could find one. :-/

I may also be willing to jump on the finders fee thing.  I have the same issue as pablo.  I am not having mush luck locally here either.  I am near Atlants, I would think I could find one. :-/
Uh oh :-/ I haven't started lookin yet. :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom