How much crap have you had in the cargo area at one time? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

amateur! ;)
I did that plus 15 bags of mulch! and it didnt sag:hillbilly:

I call you and raise you 2600 square foot of ceramic tile, 2 bags of grout and 6 bags of thinset. After loading I was so pissed I didn't have my camera. That was a scary 5 miles.

I chopped up a Triumph Herald and took it to the scrapper a few years ago, The 80 looked like a dog draggin its ass on the ground.

:D
images.jpg

My new kitchen cabinets came in boxes. Brought the whole works home from Ikea one night. 1,500lbs and some careful packing to make it all fit:cool:

There was barely room for me in the diver's seat. I actually had to slouch since one of the long boxes went over my shoulder. hehehehe
Full truck 1.jpg
Full truck 2.jpg

Last edited:
btw, ome mediums and i was not on the bumpstops with that load but was pretty saggy. folded down the 2nd and 3rd row seats and laid some 2x4s from the back of the front seats spanning to the tailgate in order to create a flat surface for the drywall. More worried about the tailgate, but no apparent damage. were some nice creases on the 2x4's from the tailgate edge.

Once your on the bumpstops you can keep adding until your tires look like they are low on air. Just make sure you dont have any high speed turns or bumps to go over!

not even close! I'm running Slee 4 coils. It was smooth and in control.:flipoff2:

first load
4scifb.jpg

second load
wv2x76.jpg

mihyzc.jpg

River Rock in a bag, WTF? Where I come from if you want river rock you go down to the river with a shovel and a pick-up truck.

heres a pix of the 80 with 2000# of wood pellets in the 80 and another 2000# in the trailer .
and no kids dont try this at home :eek:
pellet1.jpg
pellet2.jpg

heres a pix of the 80 with 2000# of wood pellets in the 80 and another 2000# in the trailer .
and no kids dont try this at home :eek:

Um,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WINNER!!! DANG!!!!!

Most I had was about 700lbs of lumber for my decks wrap around bench seating.

I just hauled home 2000# of wood pellets. Looks a lot like Koffer's pic. I didn't have another ton behind me though. It drove home pretty well and pulled the hills fine. Would have worked pretty hard with another ton, but it would have made it.

The original plan was to only get 1000# and make two trips. We loaded it up and it wasn't sagging much at all, so we kept on loading. It impressed me and the guy at Farm and Fleet that helped me load. In fact, he got one of his coworkers to check it out before I left........

Tony

I once had all my camping gear on one side and a broken down mid 60's vespa in the back. Yes it will fit, You just have to tip the scooter to the side on the way through the door.

Heaviest was 1800 square feet of laminate flooring, On OME mediums it was within an inch of the bump stops.

Dave

2000# is incredible!!

My most is thirteen vancouver island brewery kegs, Sub, amp, blankets, tents two 200 lb passengers and a dolly. 400 km of highway then 20 km of terrible gravel roads, had to drive about 2 miles per hour on the gravel in order to prevent kegs from kilnking together and foaming. Best friends linkin navigator would only carry six kegs and audio gear.

I dont think that the rear ever came off the bump stops.....

roobydesertsmokoss08.jpg

ROOBY with 60lt engel, pantry box chockers beside it for 2 weeks in the desert, 1 box of wine bottles, and 2 slabs of SOL, esky full of fruit and veg [and limes for the SOL] 60lt of water, table, chairs, 3 burner stove, single burner stove, swags, clothes for 2 weeks in the desert, spare parts for remote travel, 300lt fuel, chainsaw, rubbish bags, tools, recovery gear, invertor, 3 slabs of coke for the jim beam and scotch, 2 boxes of octane booster, all up around 8600 lb for our desert trip the car was, loaded, which is pretty normal on bigger trips here.

And no, thats not me in the pic.

You guys aren't living until you are packed for Rubicon with 3 guys gear, a 4 year olds gear, and all the gear for your wife for the week after. Imagine loaves of french bread being tucked in along the sides of rear foot wells falling out when you open the door packed.

I once hauled 3,000 lbs of clay in the back of my first 80. It is really easy to do. The boxes are about the size of a flat rate USPS box and weigh 50 lbs each. Probably double or triple that would have physically fit. One of the guys loading it drove a 55. He said we would be fine until the mudflaps touched. I think he was full of crap, the factory 80 flaps are fairly high off the ground.

fyi: please remove the tire changing tools to a more accessible location prior to loading up. Would hate to have a flat and ....

One of the guys loading it drove a 55. He said we would be fine until the mudflaps touched. I think he was full of crap, the factory 80 flaps are fairly high off the ground.

Nope, he's right. You're fine right up to the point when both rear tires burst and your mudflaps are on the ground. :hillbilly:

Complete longblock...including fluids and an engine hoist. What's that - about 600lbs or so? The ride was a little squishy on my OME mediums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom