How many miles are on yours? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

12/81 - 245K, just had the head rebuilt about 3000 ago, other than that, no other major stuff

3/88 - 195,000, nothing done,

Had a '90 Cherokee that was in great shape, bought from the original owner. Sold it to buy an older truck with higher miles - Only a Land Cruiser would do.

1989 FJ62

213xxx and I got it last year, everything works, looks like a replaced alt. thats all. Runs well and starts to Violently shake at 90 mph
is that because of the 33's?

87 FJ60
187,586 on original engine
Original drivetrain other than 2 new u-joints
DD

Love it.

135K on original engine(front seal leak though :mad: )
Rebuilt tranny and new transfer in 2002
Smallish laundry list of mods/repairs: new brake booster, radiator, oil pan gasket, condensor, front drive shaft, OME Medium, wilderness rack, repaired starter
DD
Biggest prob right now is front output shaft(I think)
About to do semi-restore(as soon as a new 80 falls in my lap. :D )

Good God man, Slow Down!!!!! These things weren't meant to go that fast!

SS_Storm said:
1989 FJ62

213xxx and I got it last year, everything works, looks like a replaced alt. thats all. Runs well and starts to Violently shake at 90 mph
is that because of the 33's?

89 fj62....193k, all original, solid compression, it has become my dd...i feel sorry for my new car in the garage, it might be awhile until it sees the road again

Well as in another ongoing thread .. 212k 88 FJ62, Tranny is about dead.

Engine runs fairly well and is clean.

My LC runs better then my 2002 Chevy car.

I say scrap the car and get a FJ55, some reason I really like the look of them.

Of course if I do that I will swap 25 mpg for 1 mpg. At least I would have fun

:bounce2:

87' 230+ orig.75 120+ 93 fz80 245+orig.

88 fj 62, about 300k, had head reworked when I put headers on 16 mpg on hiway, been over 100 mph,,,, but definatley going down hill, with tail wind,, on new 31s,,
looks like it was rebuilt before as the notorious over cylinder 5, plug was already replaced,,tranny clunks, a little, no leaks, transfer is in great shape I wheel a little, but am putting in dual arbs, and some ome adaleafs so I might be wheelin more soon!!

the PO drove to wisconson every year 2-3 times a year for 5-10 years, so the miles are what I got it with,, , except the last 75k or so

85 / 210k. I figure that the engine is just getting broken in and hitting its stride. Lovin it, looking for another 60 to add to the fleet.

'88 Fj 62 with 216,xxx on the clock. Replaced the trans about 20k ago. In fact my girl and I just drove 1700 miles in two days with no problems (with the LC that is) got about 15 mpg between 70-75 mph.

'87 FJ60 w/ 140K, 99% rust free.

- Rebuilt alt
- New water pump
- New radiator
- New starter

Runs pretty good, but she won't pass emissions. I think she needs a carb rebuild.

1981 w/ 215,000 all original. small leak in the transfer case, replaced water pump, rusting all along the rain gutters and through the sposts. everything still works!

230k. All original. Overheated it climbing BIG hills and not paying attention. :doh: Toasted head gasket, no compression in #4 or #5, and I still get 12mpg... Gotta love it. :cheers:

hit this milestone. I guess mine is officially "middle-aged"

20191220_091502.jpg

Purchased at 150,xxx now at 207,xxx in 3 years.

No breakdowns. Lots of preventive maintenance and gas receipts. Curious to see how much longer I can go on original hg.

1987 fj60 had 199k when purchased about 18 years ago.
it shows 242k...however pa implemented smog laws right after i desmogged it...so i had to keep recorded mileage under 5k a year for the near decade it served as a daily driver...using a stunt cluster....and at this point i'm not even sure which cluster is the original.
so i really have no clue how many miles are on it.
the engine has yet to be opened, the transfer was rebuilt about 15 years ago...at the same time the clutch was replaced.

12/85 FJ60. Just turned over 244,000. Got it at 205,900 in 12/10. It was quite cheap because of some minor body damage, a little bit of cosmetic rust, and a terrible vacuum leak on the manifold; I'd otherwise call it 'neglected but not abused' condition.

Only broke down once, when the water pump belt let go without me noticing, and that made the top radiator hose explode shortly thereafter.

It's been my DD for that whole time, but I've had a >3 mile commute for that whole time, both in college and while working back in my hometown. It's spent up to about a month at a time partially taken apart in the driveway a few times; first for fixing the giant manifold leak I bought it with, once to desmog a year later, and when I installed my lift springs in 2016. Big jobs in the immediate future are refreshing the whole brake system downstream of the master cylinder, chasing a new exhaust leak, a new clutch (and rear main while I'm in there), and chasing a new exhaust leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom