How Do I remove This? SOLVED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A Box spanner can sometimes fit where even a thin socket won't - and are usually cheap, which is especially nice if you need to turn another mm off it to get it to fit, and throw it away when you're done.

That plus heat.

I agree but if you are not handy with and have the tools needed to save that then ......., I like the soak with penetrant, plumbers torch, large easy out idea the best, as far as getting it out and usable, be gentle with the easy out and maybe, but the easy out on the brass vs the brass threads corroded in the head is a tug of war, soak, heat, tap the easy out in snug before you try to turn it.

Thank you all for the great expert tips - even the ‘put a wrench on it’ one!
I’m happy to say the winner was soaking it with a penetrating oil and then using an easy out. Couldn’t have been easier. I hope one day I’ll have this kind of expertise and will be able to return the favor.

IMG_2353.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg

If you can find a screw/bolt extractor that's big enough to fit, that would be an almost guaranteed easy removal process.
One of those ones that's spiralled and get smaller towards the end.
Not sure they sell them large enough, but if so hammer it in there and twist it out. 👌🏼
Good luck.
You were right on with that recommendation!

so, what's the next step ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom