HJ45 Towing Capacity? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe you need something like a race car trailer with sleeping/ workshop/ storage/ car space?
Or a modified horsebox?
I'm going over options, like the one you mentioned.

Having two dogs, they need a place to hang without issue, but in reality, when I have checked on the via camera when I am at work, all they do is sleep. So as long as I have an AC running-let's say using one of those silent generators, they would be fine even in the HJ camper. I wouldn't be working 8 hour days with them in there, I would be taking them for a walk every couple of hours, and it would only be for maybe a week or so at a time.

So what I have been considering:

1. Tow a small cargo trailer and sleep in the vehicle (HJ or FJC). Not practical, as the HJ has a while to go before it's ready, and the FJC would be a bitch every single day-not to mention having AC in it when parked.
2. Tow a small toy hauler, which would allow me to carry my supplies and sleep in there. Run the AC with silent generator.
3. Add a simple bed in a small cargo trailer and an AC unit. Run it with a silent generator. Sleep among my supplies.
4. Get a class C and convert the bedroom into a little workshop, maybe flat tow the HJ.
Towing the HJ, or FJC, on a flat trailer would be great, but also now make me need a much larger RV.

Every pro idea opens up a con.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom