Highest Mileage 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the tip! How often do you flush the ATF?

Do you also flush out the brake, diff/gear oil and power steering fluid?
Ill be changing out the fluid in the diff, trans, and T-case about very 60K which is probably too often. Brake fluid around 2 to 3 years.

Thanks for the tip! How often do you flush the ATF?

Do you also flush out the brake, diff/gear oil and power steering fluid?

I tow a lot so I do the A/T, diffs, transfer case every 30k. If I didn't tow I'd run the A/T fluid for 60k but still do the diffs and transfer case every 30k. Fluid changes are cheap, relative to the cost of a new transmission/diff/etc.

Brake fluid every ~3 years or when you replace the pads, whichever comes first, regardless. brake fluid is hydroscopic (it will absorb moisture) which causes things to rust from the inside.

@linuxgod is your 30k intervals based on oem fluids or also with the higher end full synthics like amsoil, redline...etc?

I’m a 100k kinda guy. At every 100k i replace anything liquid, lube anything possible, tighten everything up, and replace the plugs. Although i am not there with the 200, my 100 has 440k miles and we have 2 Lexus RX400hs each with well over 200k miles. Seems to work.

I’m a 100k kinda guy. At every 100k i replace anything liquid, lube anything possible, tighten everything up, and replace the plugs. Although i am not there with the 200, my 100 has 440k miles and we have 2 Lexus RX400hs each with well over 200k miles. Seems to work.
What is your choice of fluids for the 100k intervals ?

Posted this about a month ago. I'm approaching 345,000 now. 2013 LC, one owner.

lc.240k.miles.jpg

Standard Toyota, although i always pay extra to use 5w30 full synth engine oil. Apparently they buy it in quart bottles rather than in bulk.
Are you also running 5w30 in the 200? Last oil change I made the switch and am debating if I’ll go back to 0w20 or something in the middle.

Are you also running 5w30 in the 200? Last oil change I made the switch and am debating if I’ll go back to 0w20 or something in the middle.
Always. Engine runs a lot quieter and i think more smoothly. Every other market that the 5.7 is sold in leverages 5w30 or 10w30. Good enough for me.

@linuxgod is your 30k intervals based on oem fluids or also with the higher end full synthics like amsoil, redline...etc?
I’ve gone back and forth. Amsoil oil is good stuff in the transmission and gears, though after regearing I have mobil1 in it now. I use ravenol 75W in the transfer case with good results. Motor Oil is Toyota or Quaker state 0W-20. TBH regular fluid changes are far more important than the actual fluid being used IMO so long as you’re using any decent quality synthetic that meets the spec

Why go back? It’s recommended everywhere else in the world. I run 5W30 in both 200s
Cool good to know. Been following the 5w30 oil threads for some time. I don't have a real reason to switch back. 5w-30 has noticeably silenced any cold start chatter. I am mainly just curious if there is a mpg difference that i could notice. Been seeing some surprisingly good mpgs cruising with my hwy tires after tuning up the 200. Maybe I could hyper mile my way to 19-20 mpgs lol.

Cool good to know. Been following the 5w30 oil threads for some time. I don't have a real reason to switch back. 5w-30 has noticeably silenced any cold start chatter. I am mainly just curious if there is a mpg difference that i could notice. Been seeing some surprisingly good mpgs cruising with my hwy tires after tuning up the 200. Maybe I could hyper mile my way to 19-20 mpgs lol.
Thinking you’d see a mileage increase from oil viscosity is an EPA pipe dream.

I was getting about 17-19 mpgs on the trip - I noticed a dropoff after going 90 mph. To my surprise, I'd get around 20-21 mpg's flying around I-70 through the mountains.

That said, I feel my fuel economy has gone down a bit (~10%) since I switched to Michelin Defender LTX All-Seasons from the factory Dunlops - here are the measurements: 285/60 R18.

Would that make a noticeable difference?

I was getting about 17-19 mpgs on the trip - I noticed a dropoff after going 90 mph. To my surprise, I'd get around 20-21 mpg's flying around I-70 through the mountains.

That said, I feel my fuel economy has gone down a bit (~10%) since I switched to Michelin Defender LTX All-Seasons from the factory Dunlops - here are the measurements: 285/60 R18.

Would that make a noticeable difference?
Yeah tires in general are the largest improvement or hit in MPG. I'm not sure about the LC specifically, but often OEMs will have tire manufacturers create specific versions of a tire with different rubber compounds in an effort to improve MPG. So just replacing the factory Bridgestones with identical tires from the local tire shop might cause an MPG hit.

I can't speak to the defenders, but going to Nitto A/T tires was a solid 10-15% hit in MPG. Part of that is their weight, but largely it's that I've sacrificed MPG to gain significant traction.

Yeah tires in general are the largest improvement or hit in MPG. I'm not sure about the LC specifically, but often OEMs will have tire manufacturers create specific versions of a tire with different rubber compounds in an effort to improve MPG. So just replacing the factory Bridgestones with identical tires from the local tire shop might cause an MPG hit.

I can't speak to the defenders, but going to Nitto A/T tires was a solid 10-15% hit in MPG. Part of that is their weight, but largely it's that I've sacrificed MPG to gain significant traction.
Love my Toyo at3’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom