Highest Mileage 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is where I’m at as well. I’d rather spend that spare time behind the wheel experiencing some cools stuff with the family. Once hitting my 40’s the fun of sliding around on the garage floor pretty much disappeared. I’ll pass those skills on to my kids and let them do the crawling around on the floor while I oversee the work.

Yep, exactly.

Best investment ever! 317K! 2008
Water Pump, Starter, radiator, leaky intake manifold coolant leak thingy, regular detailed maintenance.

64392221327__9CC6C231-2FC6-49C1-965E-F5A7AE8F6E49.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

Guess I still have a baby. 2009 166k. Previous owner replaced the radiator at a dealer as preventative maintenance. I recently had an EVAP sensor go. $88 part plug and play. That's all that went wrong since I owned it. FOB battery died on the beach? That was a headache till someone told me to hold it right over the start button and everything was fine. I do general maintenance and keep the fluids fresh. Curious how long it will go. Hoping for 275-3k.

I used to be a Rover fan but got sick of issues. Always something that needed to be addressed. Honestly there is a part of me that misses wrenching 2 weekends a month. With this LC there is no work to be done besides oil changes and keeping the fluids fresh. Besides an occasional mod it's rather boring mechanically speaking.
Preach bro lol. I used to wrench so much on my rovers(6 over the years) people thought I was the neighbor mechanic. Seriously a pizza delivery asked how much to change out his brakes/rotors. 3rd owner of this 2008 LC with 206k miles. Radiator ,water pump, starter, and basic maintenance items like fluids, brakes etc. I literally open the hood just to see what I can mess with. Love the truck but owning rovers gave me maintenance paranoia. Great to see these are truly lasting the test of time. Cheers.....

Screenshot_20210517-170703_Gallery.jpg

I have 244k miles on my '08, and have had it since about 200k miles. I have done nothing but brakes, tires, and fluid changes in my ownership. I am getting ready to replace the serpentine belt, belt tensioners, and fan support due to a slight squeal, but it's not urgent. I sent off an oil sample when I got it, and there were no signs of abnormal wear. I had a 100 series that I sold at 327k miles, and I expect to get that from this truck as well.
Check out the green fleet belt from gates .. installed it on my 11 lx570 an 15 2500 silverado

Anyone thinking abt switching to the rotella gas truck/suv oil

Got my 11 lx570 luxury package With 48k miles now has 136k .. replaced fac brakes an rotors and put the green fleet gates belt on an rain x whipers and reg oil changes with the trd oil filter .. 2 sets of tires .. always used Mobil one but not a fan of it .. I’m switching to rotella gas truck/suv oil… I don’t see why it can’t go 500k miles with good service

Preach bro lol. I used to wrench so much on my rovers(6 over the years) people thought I was the neighbor mechanic. Seriously a pizza delivery asked how much to change out his brakes/rotors. 3rd owner of this 2008 LC with 206k miles. Radiator ,water pump, starter, and basic maintenance items like fluids, brakes etc. I literally open the hood just to see what I can mess with. Love the truck but owning rovers gave me maintenance paranoia. Great to see these are truly lasting the test of time. Cheers.....

View attachment 2701620
Like the color

Our 2018 is only at 80K miles, but looking forward to a minimum of 250K miles of enjoyment. Hoping for at least 500K miles...

I'm planning on adding a 2016+ LX570 in the near future as well. Gotta scoop the last of the V8's up while they're still around.

I had this video come up on my recommendation feed, but I only skimmed through it. 500k with maintenance records listed at the end. Engine replaced at 414k.

Gosh dang Toyota engineers making everything less reliable and less betterer than the old version all the time!

Nice. Apparently the engine made it to the moon and almost all the way back.

414K miles is lower than expected to me. Oil wasnt changed regularly.

Anyone thinking abt switching to the rotella gas truck/suv oil
i used shell rotella 0w-20 for about 7,500 miles on the last oil change. It was fine. It does have relatively high moly content but not as high as the tgmo. But I got a good deal on the oil. just had it changed to the mobil one ep 5w-30 due to the ongoing rebate with mobil one. The engine runs so quiet with the 5w-30. I have 108,000 miles on a 2013 lexus lx 570.

Why was it replaced, though?
Yeah, it's possible there was a smaller problem like leak in the valve guides for instance but at 414k the owner decided it didn't make sense to drop several grand on a top-end rebuild but leave the rest of the engine intact. I could especially see that reasoning if you're on the original timing chain, tensioner, etc.

Or it could've thrown a rod or been burning oil like there's no tomorrow. The 5.7 is solid, but they do still wear over time and aren't completely indestructible (unlike the 20R in my old 1980 Celica which as a kid I drove probably 100 miles with maybe half a quart of oil in it before realizing it was low and it just kept on going for another 20k miles).

Honestly if I "only" get 400k out of my engine I'll be ok with it.

i used shell rotella 0w-20 for about 7,500 miles on the last oil change. It was fine. It does have relatively high moly content but not as high as the tgmo. But I got a good deal on the oil. just had it changed to the mobil one ep 5w-30 due to the ongoing rebate with mobil one. The engine runs so quiet with the 5w-30. I have 108,000 miles on a 2013 lexus lx 570.
I put this in for the extra molly in the suv an other in the diesel . Any downside to using 5/30 ? Manual doesn’t recomend it. Wondering who else on the forum uses it? It be great to quiet the engine down

741FF484-EEE5-494D-8F06-05871F8AB90A.jpeg

58F22E6E-176A-4B07-9CBD-1B7E24F857FF.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it's possible there was a smaller problem like leak in the valve guides for instance but at 414k the owner decided it didn't make sense to drop several grand on a top-end rebuild but leave the rest of the engine intact. I could especially see that reasoning if you're on the original timing chain, tensioner, etc.

Or it could've thrown a rod or been burning oil like there's no tomorrow. The 5.7 is solid, but they do still wear over time and aren't completely indestructible (unlike the 20R in my old 1980 Celica which as a kid I drove probably 100 miles with maybe half a quart of oil in it before realizing it was low and it just kept on going for another 20k miles).

Honestly if I "only" get 400k out of my engine I'll be ok with it.

400k is getting half your money. 100s do 400k all day, 200 needs to do 800k. It doesn't make sense to go backwards otherwise they should have called it a 50. I take overlanding seriously even if its only in my backyard. I just wish toyota had spent the money on proper ergonomic chairs. It doesn't make sense to put regular chairs inside a vehicle meant to be driven.

Give this a listen... 1,000,000 mile Tundra(s).

I put this in for the extra molly in the suv an other in the diesel . Any downside to using 5/30 ? Manual doesn’t recomend it. Wondering who else on the forum uses it? It be great to quiet the engine down

View attachment 2706461

View attachment 2706466
bobistheoilguy.com has lengthy forum discussions on virgin oil analysis and he various chemical formulas used. I'm not a chemical engineer but when it comes to engine oil I don't think "if a little X is good a lot must be better" applies.

Unless you have a significant reason to diverge, I would just stick with Toyota 0w20 or a good quality 0w20 synthetic. We've seen enough 500k+ mile engines (4.6L, 4.7L, 5.7L) that we know the oil is fine. Now if you're towing heavy trailers or running 50 lap full throttle races in 120F+ heat in Saudi Arabia or the UAE then yeah maybe you should look at different oils and additives.

400k is getting half your money. 100s do 400k all day, 200 needs to do 800k. It doesn't make sense to go backwards otherwise they should have called it a 50. I take overlanding seriously even if its only in my backyard. I just wish toyota had spent the money on proper ergonomic chairs. It doesn't make sense to put regular chairs inside a vehicle meant to be driven.

Totally depends on the use case. All miles are not equal. 400k miles towing in 4th gear or driving like a taxi around the city is far different than 400k miles doing 60mph cruising steady speeds on the highway back and forth across the country.

2008 purchased in 2019 at 225k miles. It's nearing 260k now. I've taken it on several 3k+ mile highway trips. It's eaten up many 4x4 trails between Ouray and Lake City with stock everything without any issue. When I have the money I'd pull the headers and re-do the valves and gaskets. It's got a very slight knock every now and then. But it still gets 20-22mpg unloaded on the highway and runs quieter at 70mph than an introvert reading in a desolate library.

It's for sale, $100k USD, cash only. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom