Help with 81110-60P70 wiring kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well us lucky folks up in Canada got the one-off trucks whereby our 24V HJ60's needed to meet Canadian regulations that required vehicles to have 12V headlights. Toyota came up with "centertap" wiring taking 12V from each battery to power the lights. I don't understand it completely, but was hoping someone here did. See this thread also.

FJ60’s and I believe FJ62’s both have a common power and the light switch switches the ground. Most other vehicles use a circuit where the ground is common and the light switch switches power. When doing headlight conversions to incandescent bulbs this isn’t an issue. It becomes a problem if you want to convert to LED because the Toyota circuit is trying to send power through the LED backwards. Diodes are devices that only allow current to pass through them in one direction.

Been searching all the forums so now I'm trying this one. Installed the same conversion. Easy. Looks great. great quality. Bright lights.
But, my high beam indicator isn't working. I have replaced bulbs.
Have been reading all the threads about needing a third relay to power the high indicator circuit but yours worked. Has anybody figured out what needs
to be done to correct it or a simple diagram with this OEM toyota kit installed?
Thanks

Been searching all the forums so now I'm trying this one. Installed the same conversion. Easy. Looks great. great quality. Bright lights.
But, my high beam indicator isn't working. I have replaced bulbs.
Have been reading all the threads about needing a third relay to power the high indicator circuit but yours worked. Has anybody figured out what needs
to be done to correct it or a simple diagram with this OEM toyota kit installed?
Thanks
Install as designed, put in an LED into the high beam indicator. Problem solved :)

I tested the indicator off the cluster and when the bulb is removed and tested inline using test leads, the bulb in fact illuminates however it is not bright enough to light up the housing.

Thanks, guess I'll just take the cluster out again.... Did you find a dimmer bulb that's not so bright?

Just installed the Toyota headlight upgrade kit 81110-60P70. Looks like very high quality and quite the value for the money. Did everything according to the instructions and I have no lights. When I pull my headlight switch out I get power to the original headlight connector into which the plug in the kit plugs. I have power routed correctly and all fuses are good. When I pull the switch with just the low beams I hear one of the relays click. When I hit the hi beam switch I hear the other relay click. Everything seems to be kosher but I am getting no power to the actual headlight connectors. Any suggestions? I like the way the headlight look and as I mentioned earlier quality of this setup looks to be very good. I'm stumped!!!!!
I've misplaced my installation instructions, the English one anyhow. A long shot, I know but is there any chance that someone has that in pdf?

Just did this on my 1981 fj40, great plug and play kit! So much brighter OEM option. Still available from Toyota. Here are instructions Incase anyone looses theirs:

0CE851A9-2E60-4241-A729-CE2936CC58D3.jpeg

895051B7-94A9-4A3A-B25E-3EF5384A0C0B.jpeg

732464B1-83AD-4206-9386-B220642650F8.jpeg

5618F59F-7F23-404D-9277-603303414968.jpeg

35DD189D-2CB3-4878-A7A6-C289EAAE7FA8.jpeg

1636899088193.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom