Help with 81110-60P70 wiring kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the Toyota headlight upgrade kit 81110-60P70. Looks like very high quality and quite the value for the money. Did everything according to the instructions and I have no lights. When I pull my headlight switch out I get power to the original headlight connector into which the plug in the kit plugs. I have power routed correctly and all fuses are good. When I pull the switch with just the low beams I hear one of the relays click. When I hit the hi beam switch I hear the other relay click. Everything seems to be kosher but I am getting no power to the actual headlight connectors. Any suggestions? I like the way the headlight look and as I mentioned earlier quality of this setup looks to be very good. I'm stumped!!!!!

Silly question. Are there bulbs in the housing?

Well there's a happy ending to this story. I went to the garage this morning to re-check everything, found no voltage in the battery!. I have a dual battery setup in the truck and the only indication I've had that there might be a problem is that when I let the truck sit for a week or so the memory in my clock and radio station presets would be gone. In any event the rear batter, to which the new lights were connected, was dead. Bought both batteries (big Interstates) in 2016 at the same time. One is good the other took a crap. Went to NAPA and bough a new 850CCA battery, installed it and voila- I have headlights!!!!!

I simply LOVE my KIOTO's H4 Kit :)

Best thing TOYOTA did for the Vintage Land Cruiser Community since introducing Front Disc. Brakes in 1/75 .................

1592972323817.png

I had no idea this upgrade existed as a Toyota kit. Would have gladly done it instead of the IPF wiring loom.

Ok, I am not very mechanical , but ordered this kit thinking it would be very straight forward. I am sure it is, but I am just not good under the hood. Did you pull out the old harness or anything or just plug up new harness and cable tie in??. When I look at the connectors most are obvious:

1. you have two female connectors that would plug into the headlights
2. you have two relays that I mount to the sidewall near the battery...I have two open bolt holes to do that
3. you have two round connectors that would connect to positive and negative side of the battery
4. you have mystery male connector...what does this plug into??

Questions-
1. Existing harness- you can see it splits off for example on the drivers side with wires going to the horn and the turn signal. I am assuming at this point that I leave everything that is there in place and I am simply unplugging the existing headlight connector and plugging in the new one??
2. same on the passenger side, so I am wondering where the signal comes from that tells the lights to come on and off or do dim/bright? I am guessing the answer would lie in where I am pugging in the male connector from questions #4 above.

So any help would be greatly appreciated and a picture would be worth a thousand words, although both are great. Here is a pic of what I am working on.... early on I replaced the headlights, but still suffer from very dim headlights. I have had my son ask me if my headlights are on after turning onto the highway from the lease and the only way you can tell is that when I turn the lights on and off you loose reflection from the street signs and the road reflectors. Really hope to get this figured out and see a little more light. I dont want to start unplugging things and starting until I have this figured out and have a plan.
FJ60Paddle.JPG

The "mystery" male plug plugs into either one of the original plugs you pull off one of your headlights. Pick a side it matters not driver or passenger whatever suits your wiring placement. This is where the kit gets its inputs for lo beams/hi beams. Not only are the headlights themselves bright and good quality but you'll be upgrading your wiring too. Write again if you have further questions and good luck!

The "mystery" male plug plugs into either one of the original plugs you pull off one of your headlights. Pick a side it matters not driver or passenger whatever suits your wiring placement. This is where the kit gets its inputs for lo beams/hi beams. Not only are the headlights themselves bright and good quality but you'll be upgrading your wiring too. Write again if you have further questions and good luck!

wow, I CAN DO THIS!!!......explains why that connector is so close to the headlight connector. Thanks for the quick answer.
Jurassic part.jpg

One more question.....the connector you run across the engine bay to the drivers side headlight....did you run it in front of your radiator or inside the engine bay??? May just be preference, but I was wondering what might work best.

So, I have a round eye converted FJ62 with the OEM Koito kit lights installed. I did not use the wiring harness supplied with the kit as I already had upgraded wiring/relays (Tangen harness) for the four square eyes....just plugged the single round eyes into the H1 connectors on existing harness and taped off the extra H4 plugs.
Everything works like it should, including the high beam indicator on the dash.

I say all that to say, I wonder if the OEM fj60 kit would work on the converted fj62 (?). I thought I read somewhere the 62 lights may be grounded differently (?) or something was different. I know there’s been issues too with some aftermarket wiring harnesses not illuminating the hi beam indicator.
Not sure I want to pull the Tangen harness, but it does need some maintenance and couple new plugs spliced in. And that fj60 OEM kit harness is very clean and compact and new.

In the same vein, would this kit work, or be adaptable to an CDN spec HJ60 with the centertap headlights? I realize I should probably post this in the diesel/24v section, but seems a bit relevant to this thread too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom