Help: On my 2nd battery replacement in 6 months (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Learned some more things - I don’t think its intermittent and I think the whole issue is dome light/door switch pin related. The problem side door switch that kinda worked funky - I decided to remove it and found it didnt want to come off. Some previous soul impacted that guy on and just ate up the threads - I believe this to be the source of the door pin acting wonky. I think it wasn’t grounding right.

Next I noticed something with 3 door pins installed and the problem child removed - the interior dome lights are ever so lit just barely. Both cargo lights are on at 25% brightness with doors shut. I verified the other 3 pins were working so ruling them out. I guess the question stands: does removing one door pin switch from the circuit cause the lights to illuminate in the door switch position?

PS: I didn’t get a chance to check the mA to see if things have changed seeing these panels lit up (I would assume so -maybe they do this intermittently and this is the source of the larger drain). I ran out of time today and noticed it while driving.

A1483E42-D984-4A97-BC09-FA521685C5D2.jpeg

9EC86183-927B-4515-A881-6A6FC77F358B.jpeg

(Photo note: although they look bright they are actually just barely illuminated).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom